Bristol meet January 2012

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

At this stage I'm just gather interest, and the details will be confirmed closer to the time.

I'm looking at organising a meet in Bristol in January 2012. I haven't decided on location yet so please feel free to suggest anything :)

It would be nice to have a day out where there was something to do aswell as oggle at eachothers cars. So maybe a historic landmark, national trust property, etc...

The more cars the merrier.

So initially who'd be interested??

dellams
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Bristol meet January 2012

Post by dellams »

Yeah count me in, been a while since there's been a meet down here.

Be good for peeps to see my new show car. :)
94 Rev3 Turbo GT-S TBAR

Topic author
mr2extreme06

Post by mr2extreme06 »

I should be up for this mate :th:

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12

Post by shinny »

Sounds good to me... let me know if you need any local help :th:

danthevanman
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by danthevanman »

I'd be up for this, should be back in the country by then.

Dan

Topic author
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

I'm pleased that there are a few people interested - this will now definately happen in the beginning of 2012!! :th: Hopefully we will have lots and lots of MR2s there.

It would be nice to have a proper car run/meets with plenty of photo opportunities and make a full day of it with people turning up from all over the UK (fingers crossed!!)

Little mini bump - hoping that some more people will come out of the woodwork and also turn up
Come on people roll along!!!

Topic author
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Provisionally then we have the following people:

(1) Myself - KarlBristol
(2) dellams
(3) mr2extreme06
(4) shinny
(5) danthevanman
(6) ?
(7) ?
(8) ?
(9) ?

Fill the places people I expect no less than 20 people :) lol
Any suggestions as to venue??
Worst case scenario in St Philips, Bristol there is a cinema (Odeon) with a huge car park to the rear and we could all meet there to start with, have a gander at the cars, then go somewhere in convoy for the day :)

MR2 MATT
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by MR2 MATT »

Sounds good to me count me in :th:

shinny

Post by shinny »

Hmm - January... dunno if it will be snowy or not yet. (If there's salt on the roads, I might avoid bringing my tubby out, depending on what exactly gets planned)

Ideas:
Cheddar Gorge run is a classic
Tunnel runs around Bristol
Head out to a village pub (many years ago we went for a curry at a place in Winterbourne that had decent enough parking for a small group of MR2s)
Go-karting at Avonmouth
Find a good driving road (I struggle to think of one nearby that's good enough and safe enough to take a convoy down in mid-winter!)

Meting point:
Previously we've used a Premier Inn / Beefeater car park on the ring road (BS16 7AN) - it's handy for getting out the North and good for people coming from the motorways. (Plus I know it's darn convinient for both Karl and I)
Going into the centre of Bristol just to head out again makes little sense to me :blush:

Topic author
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

MR2 MATT - thanks mate, I'll add you to the list

shinny - stay positive, it wont be snowy, and there wont be salt on the roads, lol.

Cheddar gorge is a good shout actually. Its very nice there and the drive is a good one.
Castle Coombe would be great to fill, but I'm a little worried its too small (the roads there are also fun however)

Travel Lodge is a good shout mate, its just off of the ring road and the motorway, and very easy to find. The fact that its practically at the end of my road helps for my commute :laughing ! lol.

So provisionally how does this sound then: meet at the travel lodge, drive to cheddar gorge stopping on-route in a good pub??

shinny

Post by shinny »

KarlBristol wrote:shinny - stay positive, it wont be snowy, and there wont be salt on the roads, lol.
I know, I know... :blush:
KarlBristol wrote:So provisionally how does this sound then: meet at the travel lodge, drive to cheddar gorge stopping on-route in a good pub??
I'd suggest we do the pub after the run... makes things a little more flexible if some people need to chip off early or can't afford to eat out etc :th:

MRPagey
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by MRPagey »

I'm in.
Sig size 350 by 80 and 15kb only

filthyfil

Post by filthyfil »

I live not far from Cheddar so if the car is running then I might come along - I am planning to remove the dash and all the gubbins behind it.
My favourite road is on the north side of the Mendips, up Burrington Coombe (near Churchill/Langford) which is a bit faster than Cheddar Gorge but they have slapped a 40mph limit for some of it. Once on the top of the Mendips this turns into a very fast road (which allegedly is good for over 130mph) and taking a right at the next crossroads leads back down the Cheddar gorge.
Phil

Craig-rev3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Craig-rev3 »

Put me down as a provisional as well.

I think we should do a Bristol tunnel run, we haven't had one in ages!
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “South West”