Castle Combe spring performance car action day 28.4.12

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Cytokine
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 2

Castle Combe spring performance car action day 28.4.12

Post by Cytokine »

Booked today and cant wait to give the 2 a blast. Good track combe, quite fast and a relaxed atmosphere.
Cant make japfest and all the track time is gone for that anyway. This will be a mix of anything and everything. I missed the summer one because I was at JAE.

dellams
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: Castle Combe spring performance car action day 28.4.12

Post by dellams »

I may be up for this mate.

So has JapFest track time fully booked up already? :( I was going to go on the track then but if that's not an option, I wouldn't mind some track time.

Only thing is I need to get my car inspected and fully serviced, etc before I take it on the track (lessons learnt from the past!), and I am not sure I can afford it in time.

What other dates do they have for track days?

Cheers.
D.
94 Rev3 Turbo GT-S TBAR

Topic author
Cytokine

Post by Cytokine »

Apparently japfest was booked up as soon as they anounced the date.
They do track days all the time but they are during the week and cost a lot of money. This is an action day where you can do just one session if you choose.
To be fair you do sometimes get some right knobbers at the action days but as long as you obey the rules it will be ok. I tend to let the idiots past so they are out of the way and if they are in front and wont move then flash your lights at them when coming up to some marshalls so everybody knows they are a "censored".
Having a slow car anyway means I let people past and if I then catch them up in the corners then so be it.
I take it you have had things go bang before then? There are plenty of nice people to help when things go wrong.

Craig-rev3
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Craig-rev3 »

How much is one of these days mate?
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

Topic author
Cytokine

Post by Cytokine »

This one is £12 on the gate or £10 pre booked. Track sessions are £35 on the day or £30 pre booked.
They do sometimes do a discount if you get 3 or more sessions.

dellams

Post by dellams »

Cool sounds good to me. :)

And yeah before on that same track where I had my first and only track day so far in one of my previous tubbys I owned, but it had a coolant leak and I never got round to fixing it, only was a problem on long journeys when the car got really hot. Used to spend hours in laybies waiting for it to cool! I just coudnt afford to get it fixed at the time, was quoted £600! :(

And then of course on the track it got really hot really quickly and by the 2nd or 3rd lap there was steam pouring out the back and the temp gauge went right up to red and I had to be towed off. But to make it worst the tow truck ripped part of my bodykit on the bumber! :(

I think in the end I had headgasket damage too so started over heating quicker and quicker and shorter and shorter journeys, till eventually when I sold it and got a new tubby because I couldnt afford to fix it. Was a real shame since that's still one of my fav 2's, was my first tubby and had a few crashes in it too, most not my fault. :facepalm: :blush:

I also lost my alternator on the way home due to oil split onto it and it cooked it, I think the track session was the cause.

So anyway, yeah best to get your car services and working correctly or all this could happen to you! Be a good ad campaign wouldnt't it? :)

To make sure people knew the importance of making sure their car is running perfect before taking it on the track otherwise your be in big trouble like I was. :th:
94 Rev3 Turbo GT-S TBAR

Topic author
Cytokine

Post by Cytokine »

Well just sort it and get your ass down there!

dellams

Post by dellams »

Will try to mate, applying for new jobs in Bristol at the mo paying more money, so once thats sorted I'll get my beast preped and onto the track! :th:
94 Rev3 Turbo GT-S TBAR

Topic author
Cytokine

Post by Cytokine »

Not long now people. Still tickets left and should be some on the gate on the day.
First chance to give the car a dam good thrashing this year.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “South West”