SW JAE convoy

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: SW JAE convoy

Post by d-peg »

Adds another 70 miles going that route?

92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

d-peg wrote:Adds another 70 miles going that route?
70 fun miles. Convoys rock.

Topic author
yose_gt
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by yose_gt »

the A420/A34/A43 route is about 20 miles shorter according to google maps but the motorway route is probably a bit quicker, but a lot less fun :D
MK3 MR2 TF300 number 088

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

yose_gt wrote:the A420/A34/A43 route is about 20 miles shorter according to google maps but the motorway route is probably a bit quicker, but a lot less fun :D
Exactly, its a fun route, and with afew of us we will have a good burn up the road.

Foxystuff

Post by Foxystuff »

Without wanting to sound like a kill-joy, however much I love a convoy, adding 70 miles to a journey that is already in excess of 300 miles, when I could spend that time in everyone's company instead seems crazy... I'll have a chat with Andy and see what he thinks. Easy for you to say Gaz: your journey looks around 60 miles in total?! ;)

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Foxystuff wrote:Without wanting to sound like a kill-joy, however much I love a convoy, adding 70 miles to a journey that is already in excess of 300 miles, when I could spend that time in everyone's company instead seems crazy... I'll have a chat with Andy and see what he thinks. Easy for you to say Gaz: your journey looks around 60 miles in total?! ;)
I know Foxy was Gaz humour, you'll find that at the weekend.

Saying that, when JAE was at peterborough we all met at south mimms no mater what the distance. But that was in the day of 40+ convoys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Gaz! wrote:
Saying that, when JAE was at peterborough we all met at south mimms no mater what the distance. But that was in the day of 40+ convoys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those were the days mate not just the same any more ,dosn't bother me if I have to drive another 70 miles ,can always meet you on the a34 route if it's easier?

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “South West”