Anything going on in bristol area?

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Marc2Turbo

Anything going on in bristol area?

Post by Marc2Turbo »

Howdy, freshly back to mr2's and I was wondering if there are regular meets/drives around bristol

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Re: Anything going on in bristol area?

Post by topgun »

Organising meets is like flogging a dead horse these days you can blow £70 just on petrol,I'm trying to organise a firework meet and have had little intrest from this club back in the old days of the club we had turnouts of 40 odd cars these days you will be lucky to have 4 or 5 bad times :sad:

Topic author
Marc2Turbo

Post by Marc2Turbo »

bad times indeed, I used to really enjoy meeting up with matt and rob in cardiff

Topic author
Marc2Turbo

Post by Marc2Turbo »

Well I'm up for anything that does come up :grin:

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by shinny »

Someone organised a big meet in Bristol over the summer - about 25 signed up for it (including Topgun, above) but on the day only 5 cars showed up (including me in a BMW as my MR2 was in the garage). Not even the organiser showed up! :no:

Topic author
Marc2Turbo

Post by Marc2Turbo »

That's a bit rubbish, does seem a bit quieter on here than 2yrs ago, shinny loving your timelapse stuff, I'm back in brizzle now, you still living in the same place?

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by shinny »

Marc2Turbo wrote:That's a bit rubbish, does seem a bit quieter on here than 2yrs ago, shinny loving your timelapse stuff, I'm back in brizzle now, you still living in the same place?
Yeah, it was a pretty poor show from the organiser. I happen to know why he didn't show up, but he's never commented publicly to explain why he didn't show up to his own meet, let alone apologised :no:

Things have got quieter around here - there are occasional meets around Swindon and Gloucestershire, but I keep on not being available, and the last one I simply forget :facepalm:

Thanks for the comment on the timelapse vids. I've moved to Broomhill now; the guy who owned the house I was in sold up - and then 3 months later bought one 5 min drive down the road... muppet!

Craig-rev3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Craig-rev3 »

We haven't had a meet in a while, and when we do we don't get the interest we used to. Even the mid week meets got into double figures, now we're lucky to get 5 cars.

With fuel prices as they are, people can't really afford to burn fuel just for fun anymore :no:

That Bristol meet was errr.... interesting! I mainly remember damp & bumpy roads on the way to the pub :laughing
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 5 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “South West”