Thanks to Gazza_DJ - great day at Japfest 2

May - Castle Coombe Circuit
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Thanks to Gazza_DJ - great day at Japfest 2

Post by MR2Jay »

Just thought I'd pop a quick post up to day thanks to Gaz for setting today up.

Early start (not as early as most granted), great weather and great to have a good mooch about :th:

1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

SonicSW20
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Thanks to Gazza_DJ - great day at Japfest 2

Post by SonicSW20 »

Good day all round - shame the view of the track was so limited, the drift demo was very entertaining though. No idea why they didn't open the grandstands.

Thanks everyone for attending :)
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

FastFord
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by FastFord »

Hey fellas just wanted to say ello (again!) to you fellas.

I spoke to a few of you guys on the day at Japfest 2. I was the guy on the dyno with the red rev5, had a walk round the MR2 stand as well and spoke to a guy in a red Rev4, with a nifty head unit set up :th:

My first jap car meet, having previously been to several Ford Fairs in the past. Got to say the whole event was rather small in comparison ! Is JAE more of the same ? Or will there be more to see, auto jumble maybe ? Etc ?

Cheers James
" Roof OFF Grin ON " ... Nothing says Im having a Midlife Crisis better than a T-Bar ! lol :D

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

FastFord wrote:Is JAE more of the same ? Or will there be more to see, auto jumble maybe ? Etc ?

Cheers James
JAE attracts circa 2,000 cars! And there is plenty more to see I'm in no doubt! It's the biggest Jap car meet in Europe! I've never been to an MR2 meet with an auto jumble though, not outside of the classic car show at the NEC when the MK1 stand was there.

I think you might enjoy it though ;)

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

FastFord

Post by FastFord »

Cheers bud, I gather it's THE BIG'EN ! :D

Ford Fair had a good four rows of spares and parts, then your trade stands on top with the new bits plus all your cars and attractions. Before I got the MR2 Silverstone use to be a regular event for us, we went this year as it was the 30th Anniversary but the place is now 70% full of ST's and Modern RS's from 2005+

Japfest was a lot smaller scale event mind, so was hoping that JAE would be a lot better as we've already got a busy weekend
" Roof OFF Grin ON " ... Nothing says Im having a Midlife Crisis better than a T-Bar ! lol :D

baileydom

Post by baileydom »

FastFord wrote:Cheers bud, I gather it's THE BIG'EN ! :D

Ford Fair had a good four rows of spares and parts, then your trade stands on top with the new bits plus all your cars and attractions. Before I got the MR2 Silverstone use to be a regular event for us, we went this year as it was the 30th Anniversary but the place is now 70% full of ST's and Modern RS's from 2005+

Japfest was a lot smaller scale event mind, so was hoping that JAE would be a lot better as we've already got a busy weekend
Yeah but for fords you needed all those spare parts - Fix Or Repair Daily. :) most jap cars manage to make it to show and back without needing maintenance half way. Haha [emoji1] [emoji6]

Tinker2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7

Post by Tinker2 »

Thanks from me too for organising Gaz, you did a grand job :th:

The camping on the Sat was a real good laugh, club stands had some really lovely cars and saw quite a few that I would have loved to take home but was very disappointed in the track viewing.

No matter where you stood you couldn't really see what was going on on track. Not a patch on Coombe where you can take a pew and watch the action on any part of the track. Still a good show but lets hope it's not at Rockingham next year.
1990 Rev1 GLimited T-Bar Black = Gone but not forgotten
1998 Rev5 N/A Cosmos Blue = Sold
1995 Rev3 GT-S T-Bar Goodwood Green =

FastFord

Post by FastFord »

I thought was odd they didn't block off the stairs leading into the stands yet they wouldn't let you sit in the stand ???

After a few hours we fancied putting our feet up a bit and had to sit on the grass bank outside the diner but you couldn't see the track well from there. :facepalm:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 8 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japfest”