Midlands Run to Wales - Prior Notice 23/24/25th May 2009

The home for all your pictures and videos of MR2OC meets and events.

Topic author
rhon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by rhon »

If there is anyone who has their name on the list, who cannot make the meet, can you let me know as soon as poss please as I've got a 'reserve' list starting!

Thankyou!

red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

petesonfire

Post by petesonfire »

is it too late to put my name down came lats year and it was awsome thogh it did take a lot of petrol

Mr_Wedge
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10

Re: Midlands Run to Wales - Prior Notice 23/24/25th May 2009

Post by Mr_Wedge »

petesonfire wrote:is it too late to put my name down came lats year and it was awsome thogh it did take a lot of petrol

I bet you used most of that doing doughnuts on the beach!

01slangford

Post by 01slangford »

I would like to attend if possible. Would have a mate with me though

petesonfire

Post by petesonfire »

Mr_Wedge wrote:I bet you used most of that doing doughnuts on the beach!
oh yes, that beach is awsome prob the best bit about it

Mr_Wedge
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10

Post by Mr_Wedge »

Yeah the beach was awesome!

Lets hope it's a cold day for the beach, too many people on it when its sunny.

I will be remembering to remove the sand from the inside of my wheels before the drive back, it was shaking my eyeballs at anything above forty miles an hour.

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

Okey dokey folks, the list is updated :D

I'm going to lock the thread now as I've reached the max numbers that I can cater for in the space I've got.

If you're unable to attend can you please PM me and keep a look out on this thread for any further updates.

Look forward to seeing you all in May! :yh:
red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

ROUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The meet will start at 11.30 am at the Boycott Arms, Upper Ludstone, Claverley, Wolverhampton, West Midlands WV5 7DH.

There are light snacks available should anyone want them. We will leave the pub around about 12.45 turning left out of the car park. At the junction we’ll be turning right along the small lane and then at the main road junction, turn left. By going this way, we don’t have to cross any traffic and should be able to keep everyone together. Straight over the island signposted Bridgnorth. Continue along this road past Swancote (swimming pool on right). At the roundabout, take the left turn. At mini roundabout, turn right, down the hill and over brow (sharp right – so be aware of traffic coming on wrong side!) At the bottom of the hill, take 2nd turning over the roundabout (A458). Again, at the bottom of the hill go straight over at the roundabout onto the bypass road. Follow this road to the top of the hill and go straight over signposted Shrewsbury. Go through the village of Moreville and turn left onto the B4368. Should be signposted Craven Arms. Road continues through Aston Ayre, Munslow (Crown Hotel) and out through Diddlebury before reaching Craven Arms. (approx 18 miles) At the main junction (Harry Tuffins opposite) turn right onto the A49 signposted Shrewsbury for approx 1.3 miles) until you come to a left hand junction A489 signposted Newtown. Follow this road for approx 8.5 miles. When you get to the junction at the village of Lydham - turn right onto the A488 for approx .5 miles down the hill and take the road to the left Signposted Churchstoke on the A489. (4.2 miles) When you reach Churchstoke (HUGE Harry Tuffins on the left) Ideal for loo break if anyone wants one..lol. ( usually have 20 mins or so stop here in case anyone wants to join us) Follow the A489 through Sarn and Kerry down the steep hill into Newtown (approx 11 miles). At the bottom of the hill you will come to an island with MacDonalds opposite (should be there around about 3.00)From there we'll remain on the main run onto the A483 signposted Llandrindod Wells. At traffic signals follow the road straight over (A489 signposted Machynlleth) at the junction with Mochdre go straight over onto the A470 signposted Llangurig - go over the level crossing and into the next village - Landinam (approx 4.5 miles) watch for mobile speed cam on your left on the long straight *cough*. Continue on the A470 for approx 12 miles Straight over at the new roundabout - head for Aberystwyth by the three bridges and continue to head towards Llangurig/Aberystwyth At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto the A44 signposted Aberystwyth. Follow A44 for approx 8 miles to Eisteddfa Gurig carry on that road any you'll pass the Dyffryn Castell Hotel on your right in approx 2.5 miles

Shortly after there, there is a left turn - signposted Devils Bridge

http://www.multimap.com/s/5ZaqqWeq

http://www.multimap.com/s/rSIxfIP9

When we get to the junction from Devils Bridge to Penparcau, its a right turn to a very small island! from that island take the right turn down the steep hill. At the main roundabout, its first left and then over at the smaller island to the Focus/Halfords main carpark.

We'll be parking up there for a short pit stop before heading along the coastal route to our final destination.

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

Forgot to add you might need a chair!

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

Reminder folks, only a couple of weeks away now! If anyone's not able to come can you let me know please :D

solmansoft

Post by solmansoft »

Hi Rhon,

still planning to be there, will see you at the campsite, as I suspect I'll be driving up from SE Wales in a convoy of 1.

01slangford

Post by 01slangford »

Hi rhon,

my car is still having loads of work done so im not sure if it'll be ready in time :-(
Incase it is what is your postcode as i will be coming from nottingham.

petesonfire

Post by petesonfire »

just to make sure is it ok for my mate to come in my car, it was last time i went, hes a ford freak so i need to show him jap is the way forward

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

petesonfire wrote:just to make sure is it ok for my mate to come in my car, it was last time i went, hes a ford freak so i need to show him jap is the way forward
not a problem :) He'll be converted by the end of the day!

Return to “MR2OC Event pictures and videos”