Wales run 28/29/30 August 2010 -UPDATED 08/08/10

The home for all your pictures and videos of MR2OC meets and events.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
rhon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 2

Wales run 28/29/30 August 2010 -UPDATED 08/08/10

Post by rhon »

Okey dokey I've eventually got the date sorted for the second Wales run of 2010.

Get your names down folks if you want to attend - Numbers will be limited!

1, Rhon
2 Mr Rhon - Harvester
3 Colin - Harvester
4 Mark - Site
5 Paul and Nik - Craven Arms
6 Ian Clements
7 Alex
8 PeteT £20 paid TBA
9 Sarah & Dan - Craven Arms
10 Arvin and Anne - Aber / Site
11 Dave - Craven Arms
12 Vinny & Nephew! £20 paid - Harvester
13 Harm & Eva - Harvester
14 IanH - Aber
15 Joe and Tintin ?
16 Pete & Rose - Harvester
17 Al and Ria

red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

colsmr2

Re: Wales run 28/29/30 August 2010

Post by colsmr2 »

looks like i am free for this put me on the list plsssssss

rover76

Post by rover76 »

put me down on the list to rhon :th:

pablojones

Post by pablojones »

Me + 1 please Rhon.............as to whether it's Nik that comes with me depends on how she enjoys the camping next month!!!

CleMR2
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by CleMR2 »

Me please. :th:

Xeno
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Xeno »

+1 :D
Ferrari 360 Spider
Audi A8
ex MR2 Turbo

Trouble

Post by Trouble »

sairs and me will be there. :th:

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow »

1, Rhon
2 Mr Rhon
3 Colin
4 Mark
5 Paul and Nik
6 Ian Clements
7 Alex
8 PeteT
9 Sarah & Dan
10 arvin & anne

djrs_mr2

Post by djrs_mr2 »

put me on the list rhon :)

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

Can you put me on the list +1 please Rhon :D

Stace is down as workin at the mo but she is gonna see what she can do :th:
Cars suck donkey balls

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

You're both on Vinny :th:
red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

IanH
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by IanH »

Hi Rhon - put me down for this one please. I'll try and plan ahead a bit better this time. :D

Topic author
rhon

Post by rhon »

looks like i've reached our limit folks! :D those on the list are guaranteed a place :th:

Topic author
rhon

Re: Wales run 28/29/30 August 2010 -UPDATED 08/08/10

Post by rhon »

ROUTE

Where: to Wales!
Description:

The meet will start at 11.00 am at the Harvester, Swindon Road, Kingswinford DY6 9XA

Location change from the last couple of events as the other pub is for let (just in case anyone is interested in setting up!)

We'll be leaving the Harvester about 12 noon, but don't panic, its only about an hour and a half to the next stopping point if anyone's starving! (I will check at the next monthly meet if there are going to be snacks available for those that might need one!)

Turning right out of the car park and straight over at the roundabout that crosses the A449. Straight over at the set of traffic lights just past the rugby club, and follow the road to the next main junction. We'll be turning left and then right at the Green Man pub, following the road to the next main juntion, turning left onto the Bridgnorth Road and continuing past the Golf range. Follow the next RIGHT turn to Bridgnorth. At the islant at the bottom of the hill, we'll be turning LEFT signposted Bridgnorth. Continue along this road past Swancote (swimming pool on right). At the roundabout, take the left turn. At mini roundabout, turn right, down the hill and over brow (sharp right – so be aware of traffic coming on wrong side!) At the bottom of the hill, take 2nd turning over the roundabout (A458). Again, at the bottom of the hill go straight over at the roundabout onto the bypass road. Follow this road to the top of the hill and go straight over signposted Shrewsbury. Go through the village of Moreville and turn left onto the B4368. Should be signposted Craven Arms. Road continues through Aston Ayre, Munslow (Crown Hotel) and out through Diddlebury before reaching Craven Arms. (approx 18 miles) At the main junction (Harry Tuffins opposite) turn right onto the A49 signposted Shrewsbury for approx 1.3 miles) until you come to a left hand junction A489 signposted Newtown. Follow this road for approx 8.5 miles. When you get to the junction at the village of Lydham - turn right onto the A488 for approx .5 miles down the hill and take the road to the left Signposted Churchstoke on the A489. (4.2 miles) When you reach Churchstoke (HUGE Harry Tuffins on the left) Ideal for loo break if anyone wants one..lol. ( usually have 30 mins or so stop here in case anyone wants to join us) Follow the A489 through Sarn and Kerry down the steep hill into Newtown (approx 11 miles). At the bottom of the hill you will come to a set of traffic lights ,we'll be going LEFT (MacDonalds opposite). From there we'll return to the main run onto the A483 signposted Llandrindod Wells. At traffic signals follow the road straight over (A489 signposted Machynlleth) at the junction with Mochdre go straight over onto the A470 signposted Llangurig - go over the level crossing and into the next village - Landinam (approx 4.5 miles) watch for mobile speed cam on your left on the long straight *cough*. Continue on the A470 for approx 12 miles Straight over at the new roundabout - head for Aberystwyth by the three bridges and continue to head towards Llangurig/Aberystwyth At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto the A44 signposted Aberystwyth. Follow A44 for approx 8 miles to Eisteddfa Gurig carry on that road any you'll pass the Dyffryn Castell Hotel on your right in approx 2.5 miles. Just after the Hotel, we’ll be turning LEFT to Devil’s Bridge. It’s a straight (well a bit bendy and hilly) run from Devil’s Bridge to Aberystwyth. When we reach the main junction in Aberystwyth, this is where we’ll probably get split, so:

At the junction you will need to go RIGHT. At the mini island, take the 2nd Exit, you will see the steep hill that leads to the main roundabout by Morrisons / Macdonalds. At the main roundabout, take the f1st Left . (morrisons on left and petrol station on right) Go straight over at the mini island and you’ll see the large Focus/ Curry's carpark (ETA 4.15pm)

Turn right just after the bollard and we’ll be parking up at the back end of the car park.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2OC Event pictures and videos”