South West run - Lynmouth 2010-11-21

The home for all your pictures and videos of MR2OC meets and events.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Craig-rev3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: South West run - Lynmouth 2010-11-21

Post by Craig-rev3 »

Pink wrote:
MR2Jay wrote:
MattRoss1313 wrote:who's is the rev1-2 turbo in black with the beast of an engine bay? what sort of power is that pushing?

Matt :D
No idea mate but I DID have a good long chat with the guy :th:

He has owned the car for the past 10 years, had it tuned by Thor with an Apex'i stand alone in there. Mods? Manured loads!!!!

He is looking for a way to actually start enjoying the car again. Between the last 2 MoT's, he did 300 miles :blink:

I believe we will see an introduction soon as he seemed really keen to join up :th:
All the mods are sleeper mods too, no outside styling to show what's under the engine cover. Even down to a modified standard exhaust to keep the original exhaust styling. My kind of car.

Has just about everything you could think of bar a charge cooler. Complete rebuild, steel internals. Turbo Technics, oil cooler, methanol injection, apexi pfc, the list is huge. This is just what I picked up from casual conversation.

Based on other people's mods and seeing them on the rolling road this has to be close to 400.

He has joined the club and is a full member, just have to wait for him to post. He picked the meet up from the events section rather than the events forum. My Guess is it's justyn08
It's really bad but I can't remember his name! :blush: I was waiting in Sainsbury's car park & he turned up, asked if this was the meeting point for todays run & that was it, got chatting about our cars.

The list of mods on that engine is very very long! Apparently when it was stock-ish, he upped the injectors & fitted a Greddy Emanage - this then completely melted/broke/destroyed one of the pistons. That was when he decided to go for it - its a fully forged Rev 2 tubby engine with a turbo technics turbo attached along with a long list of supporting mods.

The rev limit is set to 8500rpm & when he had it mapped at Thor racing it put down 353 bhp at wheels with a guesstimate figure of 411bhp at the fly :blink: :cool1: So it's a pretty quick car, he certainly disappeared into the distance when I was behind him :laughing

He seems really keen to come to meets & I think he'll become a regular in the SW & maybe in Wales too & doesn't mind travelling the distance to get to meets further away. I mentioned all the regular meets - 3rd Sunday, Marlborough, Gloucestershire as well as the big shows we do in the summer and seemed keen on coming to all them. Fair do's!

BOT - some great pics there Pink, I think that pic of mine from behind has made me decide that the black centre panel need to come off....for now at least - might work better when I get the other bits I want :th:

Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

gt4mayhem

Post by gt4mayhem »

[/quote]

It's really bad but I can't remember his name! :blush: I was waiting in Sainsbury's car park & he turned up, asked if this was the meeting point for todays run & that was it, got chatting about our cars.

[/quote]
His name was matt and he lives in bristol got his number for future disscussions on engine mods for mine and he also has some great contacts in japan for parts :th:

Craig-rev3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7

Post by Craig-rev3 »

gt4mayhem wrote:
Craig-rev3 wrote:
His name was matt and he lives in bristol got his number for future disscussions on engine mods for mine and he also has some great contacts in japan for parts :th:
I knew he was from Bristol as we were discussing what happens locally, but I couldn't for the life of me remember his name :rolleyes: Won't feel so stupid now when I see him again at another meet :laughing
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

Topic author
Pink
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12

Post by Pink »

gt4mayhem wrote:great picks pink! Lol you are 1 nutter of a driver loving the burning rubber up that hill!
Would ya mind if i use some pics to put my pride and joy up???
:th:
Pics done and sent.
"˙əʇsɐʇ ɐ əɯ əʌıƃ ʇsnɾ uəɥʇ 'ƃuıɥʇʎɹəʌə əʌɐɥ ʇ,uɐɔ ı ɟı puɐ"
ʞɔɐlq ɹɐq-ʇ ɯpɾ sʇƃ ııʌəɹ ııʞɯ
203.8hp - 224lbs/ft (engine) - 185.hp(wheels)

gt4mayhem

Post by gt4mayhem »

Pink wrote:
Pics done and sent.
nice one pink :th:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 4 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2OC Event pictures and videos”