Black Mountain Run In The Snow

The home for all your pictures and videos of MR2OC meets and events.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Tinker2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 3

Black Mountain Run In The Snow

Post by Tinker2 »

Had he most amazing day today, went for a drive round Wales in the snow with Ian Wedge, Alan Wheeldon and Steve aka Blaster1. Hats off to the guys, they showed me what proper driving was all about and made driving on snow and ice look like a walk in the park. If I ever learn a small amount of the driving skills those guys have got I will be a happy lady.

This all started because I own an N/A and a tubby and wanted to check out what a V6 was like and I must admit im hooked, the noise and driveability of Ians car took my breath away :cool1:

Biggest thanks to Ian for going out of his way to come and collect me and drop me home again, was a fantastic day out, I will most definately be joining you again :th:

Will upload a few more pics tomorrow as photobucket isn't playing ball :annoyed:

1990 Rev1 GLimited T-Bar Black = Gone but not forgotten
1998 Rev5 N/A Cosmos Blue = Sold
1995 Rev3 GT-S T-Bar Goodwood Green =

Re: Black Mountain Run In The Snow

Post by Guest »

Pics look epic! I think you should post a link of these pis in the 'how well do MR2's drive in the snow' thread.... :th:

Craig-rev3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Craig-rev3 »

Those pics look awesome! :th:

Adam & I were thinking about coming but were dependent on weather. I'm glad I decided against it as those roads would have been well out of my driving skills :blush: :laughing
Tinker2 wrote:This all started because I own an N/A and a tubby and wanted to check out what a V6 was like and I must admit im hooked, the noise and driveability of Ians car took my breath away :cool1:

Does this mean they'll be a V6 in the SW at some point? :cool1:
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

rhon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 15
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by rhon »

I'm soooooooooooooo hoping the snow stays! Off to Wales on Tues for the rest of the week whoohoo!
red arrow16a (XVIa)& 16b (XVIb) replacement gear & handbrake gaiters http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/265/149068.html Refurb gearknobs and steering wheels W Mids Regional Rep

Kitsan

Post by Kitsan »

Tinker: Oooo im jealous, pics look awesome. Lemme know next time you guys meet up for snow fun. :th:

Me and a few friends went across the mendips to chedar gorge (SW members will know it) the other day when it had snowed.

Some serious driving went down that day. Sad to say an eg4 civic had a little scrape on the canyon walls but nothing major. Snow is AWESOME.

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

Pics look great guys.. I wish we could have made it
Cars suck donkey balls

Mr_Wedge
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10

Post by Mr_Wedge »

One of the best days out with the car I've had this year, a real shame that more didn't come along, you missed a real good laugh.

Glad you enjoyed it Carol, worth the extra mileage to have someone who doesn't crap themselves when the back steps out, I could just hear you giggle when it did. you must post a picture of the Vectra, that one was class! How Alan manages to find some of these roads, I'll never know, I am rather glad he does though! Steve was a star, his poor face after he nearly binned it, then he looked at the next slope, he did not look enthusiastic at all. After a quick bit of tuition we were on our way again. Hats off to him.
3.0 V6 3vz-fe
Built by Rogue Motorsport.

alanwheeldon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by alanwheeldon »

It was a fun day, we didnt need to get the shovels out this time :laughing

Well done to Steve for turning up especially as he worked the night before and came straight down after he had finished his night shift :th:

Was nice to meet you Tinker, Should have let you have a ride in my car to keep you in the turbo brigade ;)

Ian, it was a pleasure as always :)

Just finished the year off nicely, heres a few pics that I took :)

kentsmudger

Post by kentsmudger »

Great photos - Looks like a fun time was had! What tyres are you all on?

Mr_Wedge
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10

Post by Mr_Wedge »

I'm on TOYO PROXIES T1R's 215/40/17 front and 235/40/17 rear, don't think it matters on the make, more to do with tread pattern, big and chunky is what you need, mine just fill up with snow really quick and are pretty useless.

Biggest tip is keep your foot off the clutch as much as possible it stops the wheels locking up as easy, keep in a low gear when going downhill and let the engine do your braking and then just steer and hope.

A couple of strips of carpet are fantasic way of getting moving again, lie it Pyle down and it sticks to the ice and away you go.
3.0 V6 3vz-fe
Built by Rogue Motorsport.

MichaelJapp

Post by MichaelJapp »

Mr_Wedge wrote:A couple of strips of carpet are fantasic way of getting moving again, lie it Pyle down and it sticks to the ice and away you go.
I've used car mats before when I've been really stuck, handy if you don't have any carpet in your boot. ;)

alanwheeldon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by alanwheeldon »

kentsmudger wrote:Great photos - Looks like a fun time was had! What tyres are you all on?
I had Toyo T1R 215/35/18 on the front and some cheap Summo 215/35/18 on the rear with the pressures all dropped, but like Ian said, it doesnt really matter (unless you have proper winter tyres), its how you drive the car thats the key ;)

blaster1

Post by blaster1 »

Had falkens all around 215/40/17 front 235/40/17 rear
Had a brill day with all of u as usual and fab to meet you tinker look forwArd to seeing you again soon

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2OC Event pictures and videos”