TOTB LOADS of pics and vids! (56k?? peasant)

The home for all your pictures and videos of MR2OC meets and events.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 17 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Mikejc

Re: TOTB LOADS of pics and vids! (56k?? peasant)

Post by Mikejc »

Take it easy on us guys :roll:

My own car along with Toni's was only completed a couple of days before the event! I had a completely new engine to get to grips with along with a completely new suspension set up, the latter of which caused the biggest problems over the 1/4 mile! Launching the car well was impossible with our set up on the day, spinning 1st 2nd and 3rd. But I was pretty happy with the terminal, 123mph across the line !!! Once we have time to carry out some testing on a quite day at the pod I fully expect the car to run mid to high 11's all day long even with the smaller turbo that we ran on the day. With the monster turbo we have waiting to be fitted and a realistic 550bhp we can only get closer to the tens :eek:

We had set the car up to do the most damage on the handling circuit in any case, but due to the queues encountered, (nearly 4 hours to get two runs in out of the five allowed) we were unable to complete a hot lap! That being said I believe we still managed to be the 3rd fastest RWD jap car on the day 8)

So take it easy on all those that competed. We tried our very best on the day and pushed ourselves and our cars to the limits on the day! Not to mention the small fortunes that have been poured into them. It's all too easy to say I got this and I got that in my car at such and such a spec. My car running in it's previous spec managed the exact same 1/4 mile time as the new monster 2.2 engine on it's first outing. But l had a lot of practice in the old spec car and had learned to get the very best from it's power delivery. For example, at last years TOTB I managed to pull the fastest 60ft time of any car on the day @ 1.4secs :eek:

So give us some time to get our acts together and then let's see what can be achieved. Until then try being positive and getting behind the MR2 community instead of knocking it :wink:

Mikejc

tinydanceruk
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by tinydanceruk »

mr2nut123 wrote:Anyways, some of the best bodywork at the whole show.......

That brunette on the right...what a bird
Nah mate, thats a fat bloke with a tshirt on the right (having some eyeful, may i add!) ;)

Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

BLOODUK wrote:I hate it when people deface cars with stickers.... :(
The use of stickers are to advertise the sponsors that help make days like this possible. Given the skill and level of care that went into the build of my 2.2 engine i'm only too happy to fly the Roque Motorsport flag!

Mikejc

vanilla.coffee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 39
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by vanilla.coffee »

Mikejc wrote:
So give us some time to get our acts together and then let's see what can be achieved. Until then try being positive and getting behind the MR2 community instead of knocking it :wink:

Mikejc
Nicely put. :th:
They'll take the internet off us if people keep doing this.

piggy

Post by piggy »

vanilla.coffee wrote:
Mikejc wrote:

Mikejc
Nicely put. :th:
i have to agree, getting over 500bhp out of a 2L is amasing, and they will go more, good look that man, its hard being the odd one out, i know how it feels, i made my n/a polo 1.4 16v into a turbo driven tyre shredder with just under 220bhp at 1.1 bar, now loads of ppl are copying me because it cost a 10th of the price of a 1.8 20v turbo conversion. RANT OVER :lol:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 17 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MR2OC Event pictures and videos”