MR2OC trackday - DATE CHANGE! 7th September - UPDATE!!!!!!

Use this forum to post about Trackdays and other sporting events involving MR2s.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 17 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
RichardPON
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

MR2OC trackday - DATE CHANGE! 7th September - UPDATE!!!!!!

Post by RichardPON »

Have been on the phone this morning to Alex @ Motorsport Vision about organising a trackday for the MR2OC.

Here's the thing - as some of you may know, I'm a bit of a trackday addict, having done 30+ days in the past few years, at circuits up and down the country including Brands, Donno, Combe, Croft, Silverstone and Bedford. I also have a good racing background, and am going back to competitive racing next year. Now because of this, people have been coming up to me at shows/meets etc, and have suggested I organise a trackday, given my experience, and the fact that I know what most people will require.

Now it's fair to say that most people on this board are relatively inexperienced when it comes to trackdays, but a lot seem to be keen to do one, judging by how much interest people have shown.

So here's what's being proposed

A novice trackday - perfect for all the newbies, so you don't mix differing talents, and yet still keep it open pitlane.

MR2 only - so all cars will be of similar pace and standard, and again, you wont have major issues with significantly faster or slower cars.

Bedford autodrome as the venue - this is a reasonably central venue for most people. More importantly, the circuit is a lovely track to drive, and there is literally NOTHING to hit thanks to the huge run-offs.

Early September date - enough time for people to save a few pennies, and book the day/afternoon off work.

Evening time slot - allows approx 3 hours open pitlane format, and actually works out as more track time than days I've done in session format at twice the price!

Costings - it is being proposed at £99 for the evening session. Whilst this might sound like a lot of money to some, in trackday terms, this is really quite cheap, and it is a wise investment as you will simply not believe what can be learned on the day. Instruction will also be available at a cost of £25, and it is WELL worth the money.

So there we have it - that's just the preliminary details. As anyone who knows me will testify, when this goes ahead, thanks to the guys at MV and my ridiculous attention to detail, everything will be organised to the letter.

Now as far as numbers are concerned, we need 40. Obviously, that's not so likely, so there is the possibility of splitting the day with IMOC, which, if you have a problem with it, is really quite pathetic considering they're all as much MR2 enthusiasts as anyone here. So in that case, we would need 20 people.

To gauge how this event might run, we could do with people replying to register their interest, so pease add your name below.

If the admin could leave this in this section at least until we know if it's good to go, then that would be appreciated.

So, list of names:

1. RichardPON - confirmed
2. The Si
3. The Road Warrior
4. Ntensity - confirmed
5. Spacey
6. Spaceman
7. Danny H
8. LuizeGT
9. mr2babe - confirmed
10. JustJJ
11. Monk - confirmed
12. Timmy!!!
13. Stuart
14. TRD2000GT
15. Oldskool - confirmed....ish
16. PeteJ
17. babyfacegurl
18. Poohbear - confirmed
19. olly22n
20. Gaz!
21. skinthespin
22. iLogik
23. jonb
24. Sidewinder
25. ben.g
26. acf8181 - confirmed
27. Jim Green
28. Welshlad
29. Breakz - confirmed
30. KC MR2
31. Poohbear
32. terminater2_uk ?
33. monkeyra
34. N1RRK
35. Navz
36. trd200mr2 - confirmed
Last edited by RichardPON on 09/08/06 12:17, edited 17 times in total.

Call me Victor!

World Record Failure non-attendee No.1!
NOT a black knight as I'm not sad enough to belong to an internet group according to the colour of my car!

TubbyTwo

Re: MR2OC trackday? Regsiter your interest please.........

Post by TubbyTwo »

count me in!

if we do get stuck for numbers mate we can always ask other clubs

TheRoadWarrior

Post by TheRoadWarrior »

Well, sounds good to me! I've been wanting to do a track day for a while, septemper sounds reasonable too, please put me down :)

ntensity

Post by ntensity »

Awesome Im in.
Most likely will be able to get 2 other m8s to join but they aint MR2's. Still jap tho ;)

Topic author
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

No good Ant - it's not an open day, as that's just the way it's being organised.

At this point in time, it's is MR2s ONLY.
Call me Victor!

World Record Failure non-attendee No.1!
NOT a black knight as I'm not sad enough to belong to an internet group according to the colour of my car!

Spacey

Post by Spacey »

Yeah I'm game Jackie!

Steve

Post by Steve »

sounds good mate, put me down as a possible, need to sort some new tyres probably for my stock wheels ;)

how abrasive is the track - will it kill a set of F1's with ease?

is there a noise limit?

Steve

Dannyh

Post by Dannyh »

I'm interested matey :)

Would need to know if there are noise limits though.
What about protective gear?

LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

possibly. never done it and want to.. will see how dosh is

mr2babe

Post by mr2babe »

i might be up for this one Rich...:)....

JustJJ
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by JustJJ »

£99 for only an evening?.... hmmmm got an entire day out of Brunters for that (but then you turn it into an event in itself I spose)...

Will have to see about getting down there and back on an evenign.. might be pushed for time etc..

poss :)

monk

Post by monk »

Yep count me in.
Great idea

Tallbloke

Post by Tallbloke »

depending upon the actual date I'm game Jacksie!

Jaspa

Post by Jaspa »

Date dependent, I'm in

Stuart

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 17 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Trackdaze”