MR2OC trackday - DATE CHANGE! 7th September - UPDATE!!!!!!

Use this forum to post about Trackdays and other sporting events involving MR2s.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 17 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

PeteJ
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 2

Re: MR2OC trackday? Regsiter your interest please.........

Post by PeteJ »

RichardPON wrote: Image
:lol:
Donnington Park?

Porsche 987 Boxster S 3.4 flat 6. Dyno 298 bhp 260 lbft.
CLICKY FOR BIG PICCY!
CLICKY For MR2

Steve

Post by Steve »

cheers for the info Rich, i'll try & get some f1's or similar for my standard 15's.

would the noise limit be the same as at Brands? might see if Alex can measure how loud my zorst is - just to be sure

Steve

olly22n

Post by olly22n »

add my name on!

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Date dependent im in, can only do the first 2 weeks in september. :wink:

skinthespin2003

Post by skinthespin2003 »

Was that you managing to spin in a straight line Rich..........lol

Count me in as long as you have got plenty blue flags ready for the NA drivers......

iLogik

Post by iLogik »

ill do it to lol, just need to know time ect.

PeteJ
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by PeteJ »

spaceman wrote: i'll try & get some f1's or similar for my standard 15's.
Steve
R888 :wink:
Porsche 987 Boxster S 3.4 flat 6. Dyno 298 bhp 260 lbft.
CLICKY FOR BIG PICCY!
CLICKY For MR2

Topic author
RichardPON
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by RichardPON »

skinthespin2003 wrote:Was that you managing to spin in a straight line Rich..........lol

Count me in as long as you have got plenty blue flags ready for the NA drivers......
LOL - that was coming out of Goddards sideways and running out of lock! Completely packed grandstand gave me a standing ovation! :lol:
Call me Victor!

World Record Failure non-attendee No.1!
NOT a black knight as I'm not sad enough to belong to an internet group according to the colour of my car!

Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Yep, will come depending on date,

Andy
Homegrown Turbocharged, Chargecooled, Rev 3 G-Limited.
Rev 5 wheels and Spoiler, de Tobleroned, Custon ICE/Alarm, Custom Intake, Blitz DSBC/Power meter-id & DTT X, ST205CC/Davies Craig/Cinquento Pre rad, Mongoose, smashed out cat, Unichip, - 337Bhp @ Engine Advantages :)

TubbyTwo

Post by TubbyTwo »

would it be possible to try and arrange some sort of noise test? i know mine is loud, and so is Spacemans new zorst, im sure there are other people on here that might struggle as well?

Si

Club_Trackdays

Post by Club_Trackdays »

Hi Guys,

Looks like there is a lot of interest! I'll speak to Richard this afternoon and hopefully we can get a date confirmed.

If anyone would like to add there comments about having a trackday section on MR2OC then post up in this thread:

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/index.php?name=F ... ic&t=44673

Thanks

Alex

TubbyTwo

Post by TubbyTwo »

ok for all you single exit people, break out the silencers

Alex has kindly sent me this to post up. its the info on the noise limits

Noise Limits at Bedford Autodrome

It is very important that the noise limits are clearly understood to avoid disappointment. These are specified and form part of our planning permission so there is no room for discretionary relaxation.

Although they can seem stringent to some, we operate our Motorsport Sensation programme, which includes Formula Palmer Audi single seaters and the Palmer Jaguars, in full compliance with these limits. They are very reasonable and ensure Bedford Autodrome creates the minimum disturbance to our neighbours.

Please read the following carefully because if your car, at any time, exceeds our noise limits you will not be allowed to drive it on our circuit.

At Bedford Autodrome we have two noise tests. First your car will be subjected to a static test, in which the noise level is measured 50cm away from your exhaust pipe with the engine at 75% of maximum rpm. The reading must not exceed 101 dB(A).

Secondly, and more significantly, your car must comply with our drive-by noise limits. The noise emission from your car must not exceed 87 dB(A) measured 20 metres from your car, which shall be accelerating maximally at over 60 mph.

All standard volume production cars will pass this test with ease, so, for example, if you have a standard Audi, BMW, Porsche, Subaru or Mitsubishi you will have no problems at all. The drive-by level will probably be less than 80 dB(A).

Cars, which tend to fail the test include most bike-engined cars, eg Westfields, Radicals and Caterhams, plus cars fitted with particularly loud “high performanceâ€

Club_Trackdays

Post by Club_Trackdays »

Sorry to stop the fun for those of you with the noisy exhausts!!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 17 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Trackdaze”