MR2OC trackday - DATE CHANGE! 7th September - UPDATE!!!!!!

Use this forum to post about Trackdays and other sporting events involving MR2s.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 17 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

TubbyTwo

Re: MR2OC trackday? Regsiter your interest please.........

Post by TubbyTwo »

i reckon i should be ok, my silencer cuts the noise mine makes in half :-)

ben.g

Re: MR2OC trackday? Regsiter your interest please.........

Post by ben.g »

count me in dude depending on date and noise levels. :lol: i'll have to get it checked out.

Olly.Dent

Re: MR2OC trackday? Register your interest please.........

Post by Olly.Dent »

When i went to Castle Combe a month ago my tubby with de-cat and mongoose exhaust was 92db which im told is ok for uk circuits, nothing over 100db is allowed so i think most of us will be ok.

acf8181

Post by acf8181 »

why not indeed :)

OLDSKOOL

Post by OLDSKOOL »

Come on people am I the only MK1 driver interested in this? Please dont let me be the only one! I would have thought the MK1 will be ace on a track.

Its more than fair enough about noise levels although I do find it strange that chaterham, westfield, radical etc which basically make cars specifically for tracks and track days are the most common to fail. Faux par me thinks.

Todd on the insurance issue im pretty sure theres no chance in my policy covering it. I've heard specific cover can be arrange but to be prepared to drop my trousers, and there will be no lube as they charge like rampaging elephants. If the circuit has big run-offs as it more than appears to do so in the pic RichardPon posted, and my car is only worth a grand, is it worth it?

JimGreen

Post by JimGreen »

Sorry, not the only one. I'm going to be there.... and its going to be messy, 4 wheels and tyres I don't care about......

acf8181

Post by acf8181 »

OLDSKOOL wrote:Todd on the insurance issue im pretty sure theres no chance in my policy covering it. I've heard specific cover can be arrange but to be prepared to drop my trousers, and there will be no lube as they charge like rampaging elephants. If the circuit has big run-offs as it more than appears to do so in the pic RichardPon posted, and my car is only worth a grand, is it worth it?
only you can decide that tbh! but remember if someone hits you through no fault of your own they have no third party obligations.

my only concern about the day is that as i have fairly reasonable track experience i shoudl be fairly on it through corners.....yet any tubby is gonna be able to pass down the straight, then get in my way in the bends.

Topic author
RichardPON
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by RichardPON »

Oldskool - there will be a few Mk1s in attendance I reckon.

As for the Caterfields failing a lot, this tends to happen with the bike engined ones mostly, but a lot of the Zetec and Rover powered affairs run short run side exit exhausts, no cats, and often carbs, or open trumpet filters....
Call me Victor!

World Record Failure non-attendee No.1!
NOT a black knight as I'm not sad enough to belong to an internet group according to the colour of my car!

welshlad

Post by welshlad »

me me me me, i wanna go :D

Topic author
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

acf8181 wrote:my only concern about the day is that as i have fairly reasonable track experience i shoudl be fairly on it through corners.....yet any tubby is gonna be able to pass down the straight, then get in my way in the bends.
I wouldn't worry about that. Those of us with experience will be able to deal with that issue no problem, plus the marshalls are very good at keeping space between the cars and stopping bunching.

The West circuit is also 1.7 miles long, so there will be plenty of space out there.
Call me Victor!

World Record Failure non-attendee No.1!
NOT a black knight as I'm not sad enough to belong to an internet group according to the colour of my car!

vanilla.coffee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 39
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by vanilla.coffee »

Richard, not too keen on going on the track to be honest myself.
However... would you like someone to come along and take a few pics....?

VC
They'll take the internet off us if people keep doing this.

skinthespin2003

Post by skinthespin2003 »

my only concern about the day is that as i have fairly reasonable track experience i shoudl be fairly on it through corners.....yet any tubby is gonna be able to pass down the straight, then get in my way in the bends.

err...........ok..........

TheRoadWarrior

Post by TheRoadWarrior »

Hurmmm, need to check out my apexi gt- its pretty loud. Cat is still in place, but even so.. I will have to try and find somewhere close that does noise tests.. and a bung for it!

Anyone selling a bung for an Apexi GT?!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 17 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Trackdaze”