World Record Broken

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Tsunami
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

World Record Broken

Post by Tsunami »

Fantastic day, thanks to all who were involved with the organisation, brilliant work! I will post pics (and maybe a vid) later :)

We have nothing to fear except politicians themselves

hermit
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 28
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: World Record Broken

Post by hermit »

Good to see the older faces.

And well done to TG and gang.

Think we made a good show for all the spectators!

hermit
CATCH MY DRIFT?

Topic author
petebar

Post by petebar »

Hi All, I was further back and lead Blue car, It was just a brillant effort by all involved and the control shown to make sure we had the best chance of breaking the record was also great to see from everyone.

Some photes from my view

terribleone
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5

World Record Broken

Post by terribleone »

Well done to TG for organising the event, and his posse for keeping us up to date on what was going on.

Yet another great meet, two in as many weeks!! Was good to meet new people & catch up with others. :th:
Currently rocking a 3.5L V6!
Rev3 Anniversary Edition - Sold
Rev1.5 - KIA

Topic author
Uruzata

World Record Broken

Post by Uruzata »

topgun did a top notch job, went rather smoothly...

the walkie talkies where quite frantic lol

at one point i heard from mine

"everyone wif walkie talkies flash ure lights for topgun"

i remember rockingham, very cold it was.... this time it was far from it... so damn hot, my arms, head and neck got burnt, gonna go jump in shower T_T

Topic author
Uruzata

World Record Broken

Post by Uruzata »

ow, on another note... i can't get the damn silverstone wrist thing off... dont wanna snap it or cut it, it's a memorial peice ;p

Topic author
organgrinder

World Record Broken

Post by organgrinder »

Congrats all of you, and nice work mick, you the man!!! Look forward to seeing all the pics

madmat
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 2

World Record Broken

Post by madmat »

Awwwww looks amazing wish I could have made it now well done everyone!
1997 Black Rev4 N/A T-Bar
Black Knight No. 26
1997 Silver Rev 4 N/A Spider

badgerbob
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by badgerbob »

Uruzata wrote:ow, on another note... i can't get the damn silverstone wrist thing off... dont wanna snap it or cut it, it's a memorial peice ;p
jesus your not kidding, just tried using a pen to pry it of....slipped and nearly slit my wrist lol

Topic author
iLogik

World Record Broken

Post by iLogik »

Had a wicked day, i look like a "censored" lobster now though, was wicked to see everyone and put names to faces. Sorry I didn;t talk to more people.

I have the worst farmer tan now lol. Going to put together a video, if anyone has any good little clips, or can do a better job, i have a good selection of videos.

Well done TG.

Was so "censored" off with he organization of the actual track driving you could hire, booked it, and then couldn't get a Helmet.

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

World Record Broken

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Thanks to everyone who turned up - was quite an impressive spectacle i'm sure you'll all agree :th:

Apologies for the queuing to get signed on, there was a little confusion at the top of the stairs but once it was sorted the queue went down quickly and we all got to the briefing on time.

This is what made it for us this time - we were told where to go, what to do and at what times.

At first it was decided not to run in colour order as we thought looking at the car park it would be nigh on impossible, but Gaz and I had a chat with the guy running it and told us we could use that huge car park next to the holding area if we wanted - how we managed to get everyone into colour groups in only half an hour including organising i'll never know - i haven't ran that far in decades LOL

The convoy was very well behaved with everyone revving their engines for the crowd whilst coasting which kept everyone moving - well done :th:

I wish i had some pictures when looking behind me at one point - the whole cavalcade was in view at one point on the track :D

We have confirmed numbers counted by two people watching the cars go on to the lap at 208.

BUT!!!

Steve and the MR2Only gang think they have video evidence of 226 :yh:

The Silverstone staff were so helpful today and are going to sign some important forms for us unlike Rockingham, so we're pretty much sure to get the record - but we just need to know by how much!!!

Big hats off to Mick as it's his baby. His done a load of work for this behind the scenes so nice one buddy :th:

And big thanks to Gaz! and Chris who helped look after the parking and sort out the GWR forms and answer questions today :th:

Also thanks to the MR2 Only team for being such stars and doing their bit on the day, and anyone alse who played even a small part in the helping of the smooth(ish) running of the day.

Ta!!

:cool:

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Topic author
Becky

Post by Becky »

badgerbob wrote:
Uruzata wrote:ow, on another note... i can't get the damn silverstone wrist thing off... dont wanna snap it or cut it, it's a memorial peice ;p
jesus your not kidding, just tried using a pen to pry it of....slipped and nearly slit my wrist lol
Ha HA! I got mine off over my hand :D (The plastic silverstone one at least!) And again Thanks to eveyone who made today possible - It was nice to meet a few of you - I still don't really know who was who though :rofl:

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

Howlin_Mad wrote:We have confirmed numbers counted by two people watching the cars go on to the lap at 208.

BUT!!!

Just been having a look at the vid posted by o0MattE0o - counted 'em twice and I make it 223.

So either I missed a complete row of 3, or Steve and the gang double counted one. :D

Either way, as long as GWR are happy with the paperwork it's ours!
Last edited by TonyleFrog on 01/06/09 14:20, edited 1 time in total.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Topic author
m0jo

Post by m0jo »

TonyleFrog wrote:
Howlin_Mad wrote:We have confirmed numbers counted by two people watching the cars go on to the lap at 208.

BUT!!!

Just been having a look at the vid posted by o0MattE0o - counted 'em twice and I make it 223.
:roflmao: did 3 crash out???

OR more likely...

were there 3 broken down tubbies on the track somewhere lol

:hide1:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “WRA post event chat”