Running two batteries

the place to discus in car computers
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
recoil

Running two batteries

Post by recoil »

OK, I have now finished my car putter install, ATM its running off the main battery I dont want this to be the case. I dont want to wait 20-30 secs for the computer to turn on, I want it to be there ready and waiting, it would also be nice to run a wireless network so I can conect to it from home to upload music.

So I have another battery, that will run the computer all the time nerver get turned off, the battery will only be conected to the main battery when the engine is running (use of a relay).

Now is a 30/40 amp relay OK to go between two car batteries

madbasshunter
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 10

Running two batteries

Post by madbasshunter »

This is what you want Ali split charge rely .

Topic author
recoil

Running two batteries

Post by recoil »

Yeah thats what Ive got, I wasnt sure if 30/40 amp was fine for the job

chrisE
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 19
MR2's Owned: 2

Running two batteries

Post by chrisE »

99% of Carputers run off the main battery and take 10-15secs (if configured correctly) to boot using Hibernation, so why would you go through all the work needed to fit a second battery?
1995 Toyota MR2 GT-S in emerald green

Topic author
recoil

Running two batteries

Post by recoil »

Beacuse I want to, and like I have already said it would be good to run wifi on it too, then I can upload music to it from the home network

Topic author
colsmr2

Running two batteries

Post by colsmr2 »

why not fit a bluetooth, add a second pc on the network save lots of trouble,

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Carputers”