JapShow 09 photos from MR2 Only Magazine Steve

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
steve-mr2onlymag
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by steve-mr2onlymag »

Back home after a top weekend at Santa Pod, Jap Show, gotta hand it to the ladies, Cher and Lisa for the organising, and all the fella/ladies that put everything together, this has to be the best Jap Show I've been to!

Was an absolute honour to be asked to judge the best of show, and show and shine awards, having spent many hours deliberating and watch many of you polishing and preparing your MR2's I had to go and re-think our prizes, and added in a 2nd and 3rd place :th: was tough picking the final 3, as there were some really well turned out entries, congrats to all that won!

Sorry I was'nt my usual mischevious drunken self, Sat night :no: Lisa was in agony with her back problem, bless her, me making her drive my mk2 Turbo down, and the fact our blow up matress sprung a leak was prob a bit too much, I was also suffering with my eyes, damn hayfever, I went to check in on Lisa in our tent just before midnight, lay down, and must of nodded off, and was barely drunk! I think it was around 5.30am when some of you guys retired to the tents!

Was quite chuffed how much interest my mk3 turbo generated on the stand today, lots of passers by having a look, commenting, some asking for a listen, I reckon there will be a few more mk3 turbos on the scene in the near future.

Finally thanks for the OC for hosting us on the stand again, making us feel very welcome, and thanks to all who bought back issues, subscribed, and generally came over just for a good old chat :th:

Anyway heres my photos from the weekend, sorry, I'm no VC, Tonylefrog or PeteJ, but I'm still getting to grips with the camera! :-o:

Feel free to link some on here and make comments, I'm shattered and off to bed
http://www.mr2only.com/JapShow2021stjune2009/index.html

Full report and some photos will be in issue 17, MR2 Only Magazine

Steve
www.mr2only.com

www.mr2only.com - The ONLY dedicated magazine for the MR2 enthusiast worldwide - MSN: stevebishop73@hotmail.com

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by peteV6R5 »

lot of B15HOH------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------vested interest steve??????????????????????????????????????????????????
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Topic author
steve-mr2onlymag

Re: JapShow 09 photos from MR2 Only Magazine Steve

ha ha, yes indeed, pretty chuffed with the Greddy Lip, it was like a lawn mower on the camping field :th:
www.mr2only.com - The ONLY dedicated magazine for the MR2 enthusiast worldwide - MSN: stevebishop73@hotmail.com

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by peteV6R5 »

:wink: :th:
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

paff

Post by paff »

good photos there mate, wish I could have made it, altho at least one of my builds got captured on camera (finished the black and gold mk2 V6 on Wednesday)Image.

Hope you liked it :)

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Great pics Steve - shame i have no more of you for the blackmail folder but next time maybe... :rofl:

Good to see you and the MR2 Only crew enjoyed yourselves - was a top weekend!!!

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Topic author
steve-mr2onlymag

Yeah was a top weekend!!

Yeah nice work there Paff, TWOBRUTAL Gold Member I think we're calling him now!

paff

Post by paff »

lol, he said he wanted a black and gold engine so go wild, the best thing is there are parts on the engine that will never be seen again that got painted gold :)

iLogik

Post by iLogik »

good pics mate, was so hoping to have my car for this show.

taffytbar
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 27
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by taffytbar »

Great pics Steve. We had a brilliant weekend. The dodgems were so funny :roflmao:

Paff - I stopped on the way back about 2 miles from the pod because I saw a mk1 broken down. It turned out to be Snow-Tigger from TwoBrutal. Unfortunately he had siezed his engine. He's only had the car 2 weeks, poor bugger :sad:
It's good to be home :hug:

paff

Post by paff »

yeah he was saying over on twobrutal it took hours and 3 recovery wagons to get home.

Pamela

Post by Pamela »

Thanks to everyone yesterday - was a great day and as always you make us really welcome.....I love all the chat and of course the huggggsssss - Brilliant Day :yh: :yh: where's me diary when's the next meeting :D :D

Pam
(mum) MR2 Only Team

Pamela

Post by Pamela »

Lisa and the team you did a great job :th: :th:

Pam

oddshoes
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by oddshoes »

Good pics Steve it was good to see you all again looking forward to see you all at JAE
Current - modified 265bhp PFL MR-S in Gulf Livery

Previous - Rev1 turbo, Rev3 turbo, Rev5, Rev3 V6, PFL Roadster

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japshow (& Finale) pics & vids”