resonator box removal

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
AndrewAW11

resonator box removal

Post by AndrewAW11 »

im thinking of taking the resonator box off, is it as simple as just removing it and putting a new 45 degree hose in? as there are a few little hoses and plugs near by?

cheers

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: resonator box removal

Post by jimi »

AndrewAW11 wrote:im thinking of taking the resonator box off, is it as simple as just removing it and putting a new 45 degree hose in? as there are a few little hoses and plugs near by?

cheers
You don't even need a new 45. Just remove the box and it leaves a open hole, blank that off (lid from a SURE deodorant can works perfect, hence the name I gave it "the Sure Mod" :lol: ) then remove the 45, turn it end for end and refit, that puts the blocked section to the bottom so that it is out of sight.
Like this
engine_bay_3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
AndrewAW11

Post by AndrewAW11 »

lovely, thanks for that

arctichotspur
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1

Post by arctichotspur »

Hi there. Maybe someone can help. I have just installed the original air filter setup and removed an open air filter. Im trying to put the car back to as original condition as possible. However on the bottom of the resonator box there is an open pipe. Do anyone know if this should connect to anything?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18

Post by jimi »

It's been that long since I removed it that I'm not sure, I think it was just a drain line.
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

MRHAPPY62
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by MRHAPPY62 »

:th: What Jimi said
MK2 3sge Uk sold.
MK3 Chilli red sold.
MK2 Smg Gltd Super Edition now with V6

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”