MK2 sill repair

Topic author
xvillax

Re: MK2 sill repair

Post by xvillax »

TrevMk2 wrote:When I went to Cleveland Panels they mentioned rear arches for the MK2 to me but you would have to check with them as he said they have to order them in, if you do ring them I'd ask what gauge steel they are first just incase it's as thin as the Suzuki sill!, their number is 01642 219200 or 01642 249815, hope this helps xvillax.

sure that would be mrk1 on the mrk2 the rear arch is part of the rear quarter panel if i am not mistaken

Topic author
TrevMk2

Post by TrevMk2 »

Hi xvillax, just been on the phone to them and they mentioned it's a match up, it's not for the MR2 MK2 but the profile is very close, the number for them is DNP318. It might be worth a look or if anyone has used one of these panels let us know how close a fit it is.

Topic author
xvillax

Post by xvillax »

TrevMk2 wrote:Hi xvillax, just been on the phone to them and they mentioned it's a match up, it's not for the MR2 MK2 but the profile is very close, the number for them is DNP318. It might be worth a look or if anyone has used one of these panels let us know how close a fit it is.

did they give a price?

Topic author
TrevMk2

Post by TrevMk2 »

Sorry xvillax, totally forgot about that mate, don't know if they are open Saturday it'll be worth a try.

Topic author
xvillax

Post by xvillax »

so long as its not to expensive will worth buying one and trial fitting it

especially when you think how much a rear quater panel is then the cost of the respray

Topic author
xvillax

Post by xvillax »

so how the sill comming along mate?

you going for the astra ones?(how much was the sill)

and did you talk to them about the rear archrs at all?

:th:

Topic author
TrevMk2

Post by TrevMk2 »

Hi xvillax,
Yes decided to have a go with the Astra MK1 sills the reason for this is it's strength and the ease of fitting, this weekend I've not had much time with the car because one of the kids has been ill, this is just typical that this happens near crimbo! the time that I did have was spent drilling the holes along the bottom of the sill for the plug welds and filing the shapes for the jacking points which match up with the lip that it welds to. I've taken care not to obstruct or put any holes near the drainage areas that are on the inner panel. Also trimmed the rear end and used a joggler to indent the sill to take the end peace that folds in to meet the inner rear panel (I've yet to re-fabricate this panel). Made the end peace for the sill, didn't have the camera with me but I'll take some pic's of the work done so far when I get the chance.

I'll give the chaps at Cleveland Panels a call for a price for the arches tomorrow mate haven't had much time to do it today.

Topic author
xvillax

Post by xvillax »

TrevMk2 wrote:Hi xvillax,
Yes decided to have a go with the Astra MK1 sills the reason for this is it's strength and the ease of fitting, this weekend I've not had much time with the car because one of the kids has been ill, this is just typical that this happens near crimbo! the time that I did have was spent drilling the holes along the bottom of the sill for the plug welds and filing the shapes for the jacking points which match up with the lip that it welds to. I've taken care not to obstruct or put any holes near the drainage areas that are on the inner panel. Also trimmed the rear end and used a joggler to indent the sill to take the end peace that folds in to meet the inner rear panel (I've yet to re-fabricate this panel). Made the end peace for the sill, didn't have the camera with me but I'll take some pic's of the work done so far when I get the chance.

I'll give the chaps at Cleveland Panels a call for a price for the arches tomorrow mate haven't had much time to do it today.

great stuff mate...

a insperation to us all with rotten sills :laughing

were did you get the sills(same place as the arches)? and how much?
i will have to order some could only find one(sill) on the net

Topic author
TrevMk2

Post by TrevMk2 »

Hadrian Panels make these sills the link below should take you to their website;

http://hadrian.dominohosting.biz/hadria ... nt&Ret=ALL

http://hadrian.dominohosting.biz/hadria ... nt&Ret=ALL

A couple of pic's of the Astra Mk1 sill, I'm using n/s sill on the o/s side of the 2 if that makes sense and vice-versa.

As for the price, you should be able to get them for around £15 each, but I'd ask your motor factors for a price or call Hadrians.

Topic author
xvillax

Post by xvillax »

cheers mate much apreciated :th:

will leave calling them till after xmas now

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

xvillax wrote: sure that would be mrk1 on the mrk2 the rear arch is part of the rear quarter panel if i am not mistaken
So is the MK1 ;)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
TrevMk2

Post by TrevMk2 »

Match up arches DNP318 are a little bit expensive to me but Cleveland Panels say they are £19.95 each plus vat, I've not seen them, just going with what I've been told by these chaps so do give them a call if you want to ask any questions.
After Christmas I'll most probable have a look to see how they fit myself, I'll just not tell the wife how much they cost!

Topic author
xvillax

Post by xvillax »

shame they have no pics of what they look like

£20 is not so bad compared to what main dealer will charge

going to call into my local factors today see if they can get the arches and sills

Topic author
devilsson

Post by devilsson »

this thread has just saved me hours off web searching and with the way u did your pics helps me a lot on doing this myself (should be fun if not emotional)

thank u to all that post things on this site that helps NOOBs like me learn to play on my 2

nikk

Return to “MK2 Useful Information”