WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Re: WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Post by d-peg »

I'd have loved to have been there for this but the way GWR is treating this must leave a bitter taste in the mouth. :no:

£2500 to GWR????? what the hell for???? Petrol money, entrance fee to Silverstone, a clicky counter like flight attendant use, hell even an overnighter in a 4* hotel. OH, .... i am forgetting the BIG FAT BUNG IN THE GWR CEO'S BACK POCKET! :ranting1: :ranting1: :ranting1:

This whole thing stinks of corruption!

To look at it on the flip side though, if everybody self certified there would be no GWR - if you see what i mean.

Basically - because you didn't cough up it gives them the right not to bother - even if you did tick all the boxes.

Sorry for the negativity and wish there was something i could do to help.

WRA3 for me.

92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

chrisE
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 19
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by chrisE »

I'm sad and angry that all this BS has happened with the GWR, but even though we don't have the official record you can count me in for the next attempt as the last two were fantastic! :th:

I went there for the sheer number of MR2s on the tracks, the convoys, the club members, making new friends, being able to drive on the tracks (and say "I've driven that") and enjoying the day as a whole. Having the sunburn after the 2nd attempt was a painful consequence but worth it..!

3rd attempt... bring it on!
1995 Toyota MR2 GT-S in emerald green

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

After this initial email your claim will be in our system and will be evaluated within 4 weeks. Occasionally this may take longer as we may need to consult external experts. During this period, we may contact you for more information on your attempt in order to make a more qualified judgement on your proposal. Please be assured that we will endeavour to get an answer to you as quickly as possible. If you require a quicker answer you may use our Fast Track service.

Once a decision is made we will send you an email stating our decision. This will be either:

a.A rejection of your proposal – and where we can, we will give more specific details of our decision in this regard.
b.An acceptance of your proposal as a new Guinness World Record category with specific guidelines attached. Together with the guidelines you will receive the Records Breakers Pack.
c.A suggestion of a record that we already monitor as your proposal is similar enough to the established category.
Once you have received this, you can then plan and make your attempt, following our guidelines. When making an attempt please remember to collect ALL the evidence as outlined in the Record Breakers Pack and the specific guidelines.

You must then send in the evidence in one package, with your CLAIM ID number clearly marked on both the outside of the package and on each piece of evidence you submit.

Once we have received this, it will again take around 6 to 8 weeks for us to assess your claim and come to a decision. If you need an urgent assessment of your claim, you can apply for a Fast Review of your claim.

If your claim has been unsuccessful, you will be sent an email outlining where the problems with the claim were. If successful, you will be sent a letter and Guinness World Records certificate in recognition of your record breaking achievement.

It is quite clear from this that either a rejection e-mail should have been received or we should have our certificate.
Has anyone written to GWR asking why they haven't done either of the above? Telephone calls don't seem to be achieving anything.
The only other explanation is that they never received the claim package or they have lost it.
Surely it can't be that difficult to get at the facts?

TG, if you were the contact with GWR I think you are the only one who can enlighten us.

Btw I agree with chrisE and others, but imo it would be a mistake to badge another big gathering as a WRA without a full and frank explantion of why this one got mired. We lost nearly 30% of the numbers between WRA 1 and WRA 2. I am certain that the debacle at Rockingham dissuaded a lot of people from going to Silverstone. Which was their loss but that's not the point.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

colsmr2

Post by colsmr2 »

while i might agree with the last comment, I had a fantastic day and would not have missed it for the world, how many others went to work after the weekend to say "You know what I did this weekend, i drove around the Silverston track with 200+ MR2 mates, " :th: fantastic experience , thanks to the organisers :clapping:

iLogik

Post by iLogik »

The photos are worth a lot more to me than my name in a money hungry piece of "censored" book full of "censored" :)

andyroo
Regional Rep
Regional Rep
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 15

Post by andyroo »

iLogik wrote:The photos are worth a lot more to me than my name in a money hungry piece of "censored" book full of "censored" :)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :th: :th: :clapping:
MR2 MK3 Silver 56
Mercedes E220 2016
Lexus IS300H 2014

Topic author
topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Thanks for all your support guys,i learnt by my mistakes on the first one and everyone commented how well organised it was,just makes me mad when you get a couple of c****s just want to wind things up if they can do a better job be my guest on the next one,i for one don't want anyting to do with IMOC,JAE said it all about IMOC as a club.

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

topgun wrote:Thanks for all your support guys,i learnt by my mistakes on the first one and everyone commented how well organised it was,just makes me mad when you get a couple of c****s just want to wind things up if they can do a better job be my guest on the next one,i for one don't want anyting to do with IMOC,JAE said it all about IMOC as a club.
That's a bit unfair Mick, i think it's a few people on each of the clubs that couldn't even dress themselves in the morning, let alone organise an event that's the problem, not IMOC itself.

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Michi
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Michi »

The people who attended have the photographic evidence and the stories to tell of a great day out and how well planned it all was. It would be good to do another but agree “why start a new one when we have not received conformation of gaining the last one ".

Once a gain thanks to the organisers for a really enjoyable event .
the MR2 is more than a car, it's a lifestyle.

Topic author
topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Howlin_Mad wrote:
topgun wrote:Thanks for all your support guys,i learnt by my mistakes on the first one and everyone commented how well organised it was,just makes me mad when you get a couple of c****s just want to wind things up if they can do a better job be my guest on the next one,i for one don't want anyting to do with IMOC,JAE said it all about IMOC as a club.
That's a bit unfair Mick, i think it's a few people on each of the clubs that couldn't even dress themselves in the morning, let alone organise an event that's the problem, not IMOC itself.

HM
When you get a Moderator on IMOC slating us you call that unfair,i rest my case.

Tiamat

Post by Tiamat »

Having popped across from IMOC Mick, I am disappointed to read that comment. Whilst some people may have said things about the organisation that is a personal comment not on behalf of IMOC itself.

I think the biggest frsutration on IMOC is a lack of information, no posts updating people as to what is happening, or not happening, have been forthcoming. Whilst alot of people are members on both forums they don't always trawl all of bothclubs due to lack of time.

As for JAE, I am not aware of any problems, if there is anythign that needs to be raised, please let me know.

r0b

Post by r0b »

Malcolm,

I'm working with a few others to get this sorted, I'll make sure i keep the IMOC lot updated, either by forum or send you a text so you can pass it on :)

Hope your well mate

MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Post by MR2Jay »

OK, as an update myself, TLF and Robx are working on making a visit to the offices of GWR to try and get closure to this.

We are currently in the process of collecting and collating all the information needed before visiting the offices.

As I am not a member on IMOC, there is no way that I can relay this information (sorry OC devout through and through) but I can say that with there actually being no updates to relay, that can't really be blamed on TG

Needless to say, we are on the case and trying to get closure and (hopefully) OFFICIAL confirmation of the record - we all know we did it, it would just be nice to be recognised for it.

I will have to say though, the main success of the event has been overlooked. I personally have some great photo's and great memories of an event that is certainly not an every day occurrence. :yahoo:
1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Tiamat

Post by Tiamat »

topgun wrote:HM
When you get a Moderator on IMOC slating us you call that unfair,i rest my case.[/quote]

A moderator is still allowed a personal opinion Mick. There was no offical IMOC tag to what he said.

Seems to me alot of people throwing teddy out of pram!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “WRA post event chat”