WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

colsmr2

Re: WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Post by colsmr2 »

there will always be somebody who thinks they can do better, till it's time to do it, it was a great day, and as mentioned , we have all the pictures to prove it,we dont need somebody to tick a box for us just to say so

rover76

Post by rover76 »

i had a good day-and until anyone comes up and says they can do a better job and actually do what they say. mick and the rest did a fine job and the fat cats at GWR are just "censored" holes.
Last edited by rover76 on 13/01/10 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Tiamat wrote:A moderator is still allowed a personal opinion Mick. There was no offical IMOC tag to what he said.

Seems to me alot of people throwing teddy out of pram!
A Moderator is still given a "badge" though Malcolm, and a representative of where that "badge" is attached still gives you responsibility of where that stems from if you are are Mod on that Forum, and certainly makes the casual frequenter of IMOC (i.e. a guest) perceive that as an opinion of the site as they may not know that the Mod's opinions are not as you stated. Albeit this topic is in "Off Topic", this is still the case.

Like i said over on IMOC, lets draw a line under this as i can't bang on enough how much this is not Mick's or our faults - it's all down to the GWR and yet we get slated by those non-attendees which is not on to be fair.

If one was to take a driving test, past faultlessly and then have the examiner climb out the car and wadle off into the distance without trace, that is the same predicament we are in - we simply don't know what is going on, if we passed or failed, or have any way of contacting said examiner for clarification; for example.

Once we do - i'm sure Mick will sing it from the rooftops (more than likely post a few pics of the TURD too the pic whore :rolleyes: ).

But once we do know stuff - we'll let everyone know as i said on IMOC :th:

Drive safe in this weather :th:

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Topic author
topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Tiamat wrote:
topgun wrote:HM
When you get a Moderator on IMOC slating us you call that unfair,i rest my case.
A moderator is still allowed a personal opinion Mick. There was no offical IMOC tag to what he said.

Seems to me alot of people throwing teddy out of pram![/quote]
Moderators should set an example and not to stir things up ,the only people throwing there teddy out of the pram are IMOC individuals,looks like you have only come on here to stir aswell. :bleh:

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

This spat all began with a reasonable question on IMOC by jim-mapps.
Didn't even get to end of the first page before people started getting on their soapboxes.
It's akin to somebody asking about a plumbing problem and all the accountants who don't have a clue about the true cause of their blocked drains giving it large with their (in)expert knowledge of the subject. Rather unnecessary and not particularly conducive to a finding answers. A shame that when it was raised over here the OP, instead of simply asking the question, felt it it necessary to include an incorrect statement plus a sarky final comment. Hardly surprising the reaction was less than positive.

If we are going to continue the debate about the finer points of inter club warfare, I have no problem with that, but can it now be done on the other thread please and leave this one for updates on the WRA situation? Cheers.

As MR2Jay mentioned work is now in hand to try and make progress towards clarification of where we are with ratification of the record which we all know happened in real time. Unfortunately I suspect this will not be a 5 minute wonder so please be patient. Progress updates will be provided when there is something to report. Silence does not mean that the ball has been dropped. Merely that the answers we seek still elude us.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by d-peg »

Being a mod on here along with a member of IMOC, TwoBrutal, MR2.board, MR2.au etc all with the same login name everywhere (except my dogging sites !!! jk) i have to say i wouldn't (and hope i have never) slated any one of the other clubs on here? What others do is up to them but need to appreciate that it will reflect on them and their club..... as it would appear to have done in this case.

Not the way forward chaps :no:

Draw a line under it and move on and agreed - back on topic.
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

Topic author
topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Tony you have PM,logged on to the GWR site and sent you all the updates on our claim.

Scott

Post by Scott »

topgun wrote:JAE said it all about IMOC as a club.
Would someone care to elaborate? I pretty much organised the IMOC stand single handed last year and liaised with (i think) Mark Thorpe on the run up and was massively dissapointed to learn that JAE had placed us back to back on the site and not 'next to' as requested. After nothing could be done we decided to get on with it.
I ran my "censored" off the whole weekend making sure that everything was looked after from an IMOC/ROC/Mk1 club perspective and my only regret from the whole weekend was not popping over to the OC camp to say hello.

So, if i have missed something will someone please tell me what I or one of my IMOC compatriots have done to cause this friction and tension?

Tonight i learnt that the OC does not want to do to the joint stand at Japfest, something we did last year very successfully. Is that a result of this thread?

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Scott wrote:Tonight i learnt that the OC does not want to do to the joint stand at Japfest, something we did last year very successfully. Is that a result of this thread?
Hiya matey!

No idea where that came from (unless someone has said something i don't know about) - we had a good stand last year at Japfest - worked very well i thought!

I'd certainly like to do it again (as long as you are in charge of BBQ skills still ) :clapping:

I can understand why Mick has felt a bit hard done by from some comments on IMOC as we did everything by the book as GWR requested so he may have vented a bit.

No reason for the clubs not to pull together again this year though, as we all got on last year and had a laugh :th:

HM

Scott

Post by Scott »

Howlin_Mad wrote:
Scott wrote:Tonight i learnt that the OC does not want to do to the joint stand at Japfest, something we did last year very successfully. Is that a result of this thread?
Hiya matey!

No idea where that came from (unless someone has said something i don't know about) - we had a good stand last year at Japfest - worked very well i thought!

I'd certainly like to do it again (as long as you are in charge of BBQ skills still ) :clapping:

I can understand why Mick has felt a bit hard done by from some comments on IMOC as we did everything by the book as GWR requested so he may have vented a bit.

No reason for the clubs not to pull together again this year though, as we all got on last year and had a laugh :th:

HM
Hi buddy, good to hear from you.

My sentiments exactly! To be honest i did not even know the GWR thread on IMOC existed until tonight, been off the radar last week or so. I will consult about getting it getting it removed entirely. I, as IMOC Club Chairman, dont want any bad blood between the two clubs.

As for BBQ.....you know it makes sense... :th:

Really want to know what was supposed to of happened at JAE????

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Scott wrote:Really want to know what was supposed to of happened at JAE????
We out drunk you :th:

HM

chris
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by chris »

Howlin_Mad wrote:
Scott wrote:Really want to know what was supposed to of happened at JAE????
We out drunk you :th:
lol, I think I drank enough personally for both clubs... :blush:

rev4turbomonster
Years of MR2 Ownership: 6

Post by rev4turbomonster »

And you didn't even get onto the whisky thanks to someone can't remember who lol

toxo
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by toxo »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8463867.stm
BBC wrote:Guinness World Records has yet to verify if the attempt
It even affects the Hawkes :)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “WRA post event chat”