WRA Update Thread

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

WRA Update Thread

Post by MR2Jay »

OK, rather than dragging up an old thread every time, I have started this one to keep you guys updated with any progress we get.

Just recently we learnt that the Lotus guys that attempted a similar record to ourselves had had their record confirmed. This was AFTER our attempt so I decided to contact the organisers to try and get some advice on dealing with GWR.

This is the response I have recieved from one of the parties listed on the certificate

"Hi James

The Guinness World Record Attempt we organised was a couple of years back at Brands Hatch. We then helped out last year at the Snetterton circuit but this was not organised by ourselves. I do however remember when we did the Guinness World record at Brands in January 07, we didn’t get notification until the August of that year. If you had the GWR official adjudicators there then they would of been able to give you notification straight away, but otherwise it is just a waiting game. We tried several times to speed up the process but to no avail.

Sorry I can’t be of any further help.

Kind regards

Louise Baker"

So, it seems that GWR are not only difficult towards us :no:

1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

r0b

Re: WRA Update Thread

Post by r0b »

Just to add - I'm awaiting reply from Other lotus owners who were organising the event and we are i the process of being in contact with Guinness - will update asap when i have more to say.

Just to let people know that we are on the case and a little closer to getting this sorted :th:

BlackIce2

Post by BlackIce2 »

Good work guys , keep on it. :th:

PsyKen
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by PsyKen »

It's mad that it has taken this long...

Thanks for the work and the update :th:
Toyota MR2 MK2 Rev 3 Turbo SMG
My Flickr
My Car Camera Playlist

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

I'm glad this is going to get sorted you can understand my frustration with countless phone calls and emails to no avail looks like they seem to be avoiding everyone,would be a different story if we coughed up the £2000 for GWR to be in attendance

Topic author
MR2Jay

Post by MR2Jay »

Another small update - Just heard from the activities manager at Snetterton Circuit where the Lotus guys held their record attempt.

He has forwarded my email on to the event organiser who had all dealings with GWR.

If nothing else, we should get names of people to jump on and hopefully some tips on what can be done to get a response from them :th:

I know it seems like we are moving sideways but all this info MAY help us get a resolution :th:

topgun

Post by topgun »

Lets hope so Jay :th:

Topic author
MR2Jay

Post by MR2Jay »

These Guys work fast :cool1:

"Hi James

I’ve been passed your email by MSV.

We also found it very difficult getting our record approved, but that was really just down to time frames. We received our approval and certificate last week although did the record back in June.

How far have you got with Guiness so far? There’s no secret in getting this sorted just getting the right adjudicators – we had the parade filmed professionally by our tv crew, had the circuit manager, someone from lotus and an MSA clerk of the course included so there could be no doubt. I presume you have this side covered?

Regards

Paul Golding
Lotus-on-track"

Topic author
MR2Jay

Post by MR2Jay »

OK, final response

"Hi James

Ok sounds like you’ve done everything you can.

All I would suggest is you’ve just got to keep on and on at Guiness until they sort it. I know we had to make a number of calls.

Sorry can’t be more positive, just try and get through to someone and keep chasing.

Regards

Paul Golding"

r0b

Post by r0b »

Jay, YHPM :th:

Topic author
MR2Jay

Post by MR2Jay »

Just another small update from me

Paul Golding (from Lotus-On-Track) is supplying contact details for the adjudicator that handled the Lotus record attempt :th: His secretary is digging them out for us as we speak.

Nice to see club members from completely different scenes pulling together and helping each other out :th:

This should give us another port of call that we can use should the need arise

r0b

Post by r0b »

Jay, i just sent a small thanks to Paul for helping us out with this on Seloc, so he knows it was much appreciated by the OC :th:

topgun

Post by topgun »

Any news on this i have emailed them,phoned them and just seem to blank me,after all the hard work i put in with help from others seems to be a waste of time and nothing to show for it.We broke the record have all the proof etc and 10 months on and still no answer :ranting1:

Trouble

Post by Trouble »

Thanks to all the organiser of wra 2 it was a fantastic day that i for one will never forget it ,the sight of the MASSIVE convoy on the m6 that was cool .... Could we not just do it again this year and try again ??

Dan

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 1 month old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “WRA post event chat”