MK2 sill repair

Topic author
MrCrazy

Re: MK2 sill repair

Post by MrCrazy »

TrevMk2 wrote: Okay, I don't want to bore you with the other side repair but I thought you might like to see these pic's, again I'm please I've taken the full length out!
There's no chance you'd bore anyone.
I'd love to see pics and progress you make on the nearside if you have the time :th:

Topic author
Mr Blue

Post by Mr Blue »

How much would you want to do mine :th:

Topic author
smiffymr2

Post by smiffymr2 »

hello mate good work,where did you buy the sills from,cheers

Topic author
TrevMk2

Post by TrevMk2 »

Hi Mr Blue, sorry I don't have the time to help you out mate, after the 2 is finished I start on my 1963 Rover P4's panels.

Hi smiffymr2, I bought them from a local motor factors, but here's the makers web details.
TrevMk2 wrote:Hadrian Panels make these sills the link below should take you to their website;

http://hadrian.dominohosting.biz/hadria ... nt&Ret=ALL

http://hadrian.dominohosting.biz/hadria ... nt&Ret=ALL

A couple of pic's of the Astra Mk1 sill, I'm using n/s sill on the o/s side of the 2 if that makes sense and vice-versa.

As for the price, you should be able to get them for around £15 each, but I'd ask your motor factors for a price or call Hadrians.

Topic author
TrevMk2

Post by TrevMk2 »

Look's like it's all done! the passenger side is now complete, I'll take some pic's next weekend of the other side. It's taken about 7 days (Saturday's and a couple of days off work) to do this side with all the parts fabricated and ready, painting takes quite a bit of time because of the drying times between coats.
I'll be cleaning and polishing next weekend, the MOT the weekend after, fingers crossed.

Topic author
TrevMk2

Post by TrevMk2 »

:) Hello, just thought I'd show a few pics of the other side, last week I was fitting a new radiator and I had a few problems (all sorted now thanks to forum members) and time ran out for taking pic's of the passenger side last week, so here's a few.

I've also fitted these clear indicator lens's that I got off ebay. Think it looks okay, what do you think?

So the big day came for the MOT,

this is my son, he's more than happy now as he loves going out in her

because she's passed.

Had a few problems with the emissions at the MOT station but Peter Gidden- SBITS put me right with his excellent knowledge of the 2, many thanks mate.
Last edited by TrevMk2 on 03/05/10 21:03, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
xvillax

Post by xvillax »

Grats on passing the MOT mate :th: :th:

my sill are done not the best welding you will ever see but i dare anyone to get them off :laughing

changed some other stuff too so fingers crossed taking to get mot'd in about two weeks :search:

had the car 8 months now and not drove it yet :crybaby:

Topic author
Dr@c

Post by Dr@c »

Spot on mate, my MOT is getting done this thursday hope i have the same result :blink:

Topic author
RetroMills

Post by RetroMills »

This would make a great how to for the know your 2 section. It's given me the confidence to do mine now.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Moved to here for now, if you want to do a write up with the pics I'll easy add it to KY2 ;)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
MartR2

Post by MartR2 »

After reading this i now feel like buying a welder and cutting my rusty sills off myself it looks fun hahaha :th:

Topic author
jam35

Post by jam35 »

awesome work :) in the middle of doing the rear of my sill now, dont suppose anyone has a template for the rear part of the inner sill that goes in to the arch?

Topic author
Alex687

Post by Alex687 »

Trev, u ever get round to putting some pdf's of the templates online? Couldn't possibly try this myself but if i took templates to bodyshop they might appreciate it

Topic author
TrevMk2

Post by TrevMk2 »

Alex687 wrote:Trev, u ever get round to putting some pdf's of the templates online? Couldn't possibly try this myself but if i took templates to bodyshop they might appreciate it
Hi Alex, I'm only too pleased to help out other MR2 owners mate, I've got my notes and PDF's but I'm not sure how I do this, I've tried to put the PDF's on to Photobucket, but it won't let me put them on. Please note that these are just a guide and they are for the sunroof version not the T-bar version that has extra strengthening. If anyone can advise on where/how I'll sort this out asap.
Cheers.

Return to “MK2 Useful Information”