2011 Toyota Sprint Series dates and info

Use this forum to post about Trackdays and other sporting events involving MR2s.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
alanwheeldon
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 1

2011 Toyota Sprint Series dates and info

Post by alanwheeldon »

2010 was my first year in the Toyota Sprint Series and I absolutely loved it! Infact it was my first time in a motorsport enviroment, I have done the odd track day in the past but nothing like this. Everyone has be friendly and helpful towards me which added to the whole experience. The car ran like a dream all year with no problems whatsoever. I have learnt a lot along the way, how the car handles on the limit, sometimes getting it right but sometimes also wrong :)

Heres a little info for people who could be interested in taking part for this year :th:

The dates for the 2011 TSS have now been released :)

Round 1, Sunday 27th March - Rockingham

Round 2, Sunday 22ndMay – Woodbridge

Round 3, Sunday July 24th – Barkston Heath

Round 4, Saturday 13th August – Llandow

Round 5, Sunday 4th September – Croft (Subject to noise)

Round 6, Saturday 15th October – Blyton

Each round will cost £120 to enter which will include 2 practice runs, 8 timed runs and then open pit lane for you to do as many runs as you wish.
You can enter one round as a tester/track day if you wish as you do not have to commit to do the whole series.

Vehicles will be split into separate classes as follows so you will be competing with cars to similar specs to your own vehicle.

Class A1 Over 1600cc Forced Induction (all mods allowed)
Class A2 (pro or street) - Over 1600cc Forced Induction (non standard engine/turbos/ecu)
Class A3 (pro or street) - Over 1600cc Forced Induction (standard engine, boost control allowed)
Class B (pro or street) - Up to 1600cc Forced Induction.
Class C (pro or street) - Over 1600cc Normally Aspirated.
Class D (pro or street) - Up to 1600 cc Normally Aspirated.
Class E (pro or street) - Diesel.
Class F (pro or street) - Up to 1000cc Normally Aspirated.
Class X - None Toyota Vehicles

The above Classes are split into a further 2 Classes, pro and street. The difference between these are basically tire choice. The Pro Class are allowed to use track tires like Toyo R888's and remove the interior where as the Street Class are only allowed to run road tires like Toyo T1R's and the interior must stay in place.

For example, I have a pretty much standard 2.0 MR2 Turbo with full interior the boost turned up slighlty, this puts me into Class A3 Street :)

The full indepth regs can be found here

http://www.toyota-sprint-series.com/for ... t=5&p=7#p7

and the link to the web site is here

http://www.toyotasprint.com/tss/index.php

Any questions I will try to answer or please feel free to join us on the TSS Forum :)

Big_Martin

Re: 2011 Toyota Sprint Series dates and info

Post by Big_Martin »

When I saw the title of this thread I was quite excited, haven't watched much motorsport lately.

What a shame the series isn't countrywide, I'd have liked to come along and watch but can't really justify a weekend away.

Steeev88

Post by Steeev88 »

I would love to, but I can't justify the expenses, plus my car would be in the street A1 class, so I'd be buggered!

TheJonse
Years of MR2 Ownership: 3

Post by TheJonse »

Not country wide?!

Maybe not on your doorstep ;)

You would have to go some to get a bigger spread of venues for a small series.

Round 1, Sunday 27th March - Rockingham Nr Corby (East Midlands)

Round 2, Sunday 22ndMay – Woodbridge Nr Ipswich (East Coast)

Round 3, Sunday July 24th – Barkston Heath Nr Grantham (East Midlands)

Round 4, Saturday 13th August – Llandow Nr Bridgend (South Wales)

Round 5, Sunday 4th September – Croft (Subject to noise) Nr Darlington (North East)

Round 6, Saturday 15th October – Blyton Nr Gainsborough (North East Midlands)

I competed last year and it was absolutely brilliant, for c. £120 per round (build rules akin to track day safety regs - bhp dependant) and a spread of competitors from 700bhp GT4's to 1L Yaris' you cannot beat it for interest and value.

http://www.toyotasprint.com/tss/index.php

Ian.

Big_Martin

Post by Big_Martin »

Yeah, OK. I was just "censored" off that there isn't an event at Oulton Park (that I can ride to on my bike) rather than the nearest one being 130 miles away

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Trackdaze”