Boot Lock not working

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Phil-B

Re: Boot Lock not working

Post by Phil-B »

Rick, I was out there for about 40 mins yesterday. Then my Dad had a go later aswell. Not happening. Someone my Dad spoke to said you need the 'master key'?

RickMcRick

Post by RickMcRick »

You must have the master key to have got it into valet mode in the first place. You can check its the master key by seeing if it works the glove box lock.

I still insist you need 7 people, however, there is a way to 'break' into the boot, but of course this can't be put on the forum. We can take it over to Wibble's or Ogg's and Im sure they'd do it for you.

Phil-B

Post by Phil-B »

RickMcRick wrote:You must have the master key to have got it into valet mode in the first place. You can check its the master key by seeing if it works the glove box lock.

I still insist you need 7 people, however, there is a way to 'break' into the boot, but of course this can't be put on the forum. We can take it over to Wibble's or Ogg's and Im sure they'd do it for you.
7 People......................................More like 3......................... :whistling:

I just went out to see if my key will work the glove box, it did. I locked it and then the bloody thing wouldn't open again! The glove box is quite full though so not sure if something was stopping it. Anyway I got the glove box open and then went round the back just to try the boot again. After 2/3 attempts the lock turned! So I went to the drivers door and pulled the lever for the boot release and the boot opened.................................................................................. :clapping:

So It took me, my dad, my bro and then me again to open it! Who's the daddy! 7 people..... :bleh:

RickMcRick

Post by RickMcRick »

LOL, you're each 2.333333333333333.............. times the man I am :th:

I'll update KY2 ;)

EDIT: Hang on, I take that back as it took us about 15 mins and it took you 40 mins first time round and a second attempt at a later date. Prolly works out about even LOL

Topic author
andyroo
Regional Rep
Regional Rep
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 15

Post by andyroo »

Thanks for the replies guys,eventually found time to go out and give this a go,used wd40 and within 10 minutes i now have a fully working boot lock once again. :yahoo:
Who needs 7 people. :cheeky:
MR2 MK3 Silver 56
Mercedes E220 2016
Lexus IS300H 2014

Phil-B

Post by Phil-B »

andyroo104 wrote:Thanks for the replies guys,eventually found time to go out and give this a go,used wd40 and within 10 minutes i now have a fully working boot lock once again. :yahoo:
Who needs 7 people. :cheeky:
10 mins....show off :bleh:

Took me at least 40mins and then 2 other people also had ago.

Glad your sorted :th:

MrVic

Post by MrVic »

I had this problem, so glad I found this thread as they refused to MOT the car without the boot opening and kindly offered to destroy the lock!

A note for anyone else who has this issue, I had to put the key all the way in and then pull it back about 0.5mm and it turned fairly easily.

marc lovett

Post by marc lovett »

Mk2 boot lid wont open,there is no keylock in the tail end as its dissapeaered,thinks i will have too chop the boot lidd up too get into it and replce cable,and boot lid.
Just bought this for renovation,1st of many probs no doubt :ranting1:

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 13 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”