The OC Triumph at JAE (Its A Knockout)

Wicksteed Park - Kettering
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
BlackIce2

The OC Triumph at JAE (Its A Knockout)

Post by BlackIce2 »

WOW , what a weekend .

We came , we saw , and we kicked JAE's butt.

The OC members and club picked up 4 trophies @ JAE this weekend .

Gaz and his two Tug of War teams , won BOTH of there Classes,so thats 2 TROPHIES :yahoo: congrats to all of them :clapping:

Protok (Red) Won the Jap food eating comp, so thats 3 TROPHIES :yahoo: well done Red :clapping:

The Five a Side footy team came runners up , only losing to a late extra time goal . Congrats to Chris,Dan,Protok,MR2extreme,Martin R,Vinp182,and Kitsan . Well done lads you will have it next year :clapping:

Jez was runner up in the Endurance test , well done Jez only missing out by 4 secs , a big shout out to Smitty (Justin ) who put everything into the TOW , but had to retire in this event injured .

Cytokine (Spook) got to the semi-finals of the bungee run :clapping:

Martin R & Allycat + sub Sarah got to the last 8 of the Go - Karting :clapping:

Martin R's friend , sorry bud dont know your name , got to the quarter - finals of the Jousting . well done :clapping:

And a shout out to Dumphiss (Janey) and Gaz for the relay race , they changed the rules , kids entered and we all know kids are faster than us , but well done :clapping:

Because of all of these great people of our club , and there heroic efforts , drunk , hungover , etc, etc . :notworthy:

Brought the OC the ITS A KNOCKOUT 2011 CLUB TROPHY so thats 4 , yes 4 TROPHIES :yahoo: :bigdance: :yahoo:

A massive thank you all for taken part .

See you next year .

Topic author
BlackIce2

Re: The OC Triumph at JAE (Its A Knockout)

Post by BlackIce2 »

:confused1:

Topic author
rover76

Post by rover76 »

better had see you next year - your part of the 'oc' furniture :D

Mrs_smitty
Deceased Member R.I.P
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Mrs_smitty »

Tell me about the bleeping trophy wins, thats another one i`ve got to find a space for in the house :facepalm:

New Hubby, New House, New start what more could i want ?

d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by d-peg »

Truly was a magnificent TEAM effort and lets not forget a big shout to Alan BlackIce for making sure everybody knew where they had to be and when..

I am sooooo "censored" at them changing the times on the car pull but overall we got it! :D :D
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

Steve-M-UK
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Steve-M-UK »

Spot on, a big :clapping: for the organisers who worked so hard so we could all have such a great time :th:
2zz-gze build ,Eaton m62 supercharger install in progress
I survived the highland drive....bring on 2013

MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Post by MR2Jay »

Just to echo Dan here, fantastic team effort seeing members new and old pulling together...

I think this is what seperates our club from any other I have been involved with, we almost become a family working together. Here is the proof :yh:

Sterling effort to everyone who took part as well as everyone who screamed from the sidelines in support. We are all winners here and have the silver to prove it :yahoo:

Sent by the little green men who have stolen my phone
1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Protok
Years of MR2 Ownership: 11
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by Protok »

I have said this elsewhere but I'll say it again here.

After this weekend I am truly proud to be part of this club, it was an honour to be amongst all of you.
Whether you were competing or shouting from the sidelines (I lost my voice during ToW and the wasabi didn't help).
Red "Iron Guts" Protok
JAE '11 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '12 Food Eating Contest Champion
JAE '13 Food Eating Contest Runner-up
JAE '14 Food Eating Contest Champion

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

d-peg wrote: I am sooooo "censored" at them changing the times on the car pull but overall we got it! :D :D
Same here Dan, his watch was wrong that is why Justin turned up a bit late we even went to see the Judge about it but he wasn't having none of it so i reckon we were robbed. :ranting1:

Wilkie Senior
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10

Post by Wilkie Senior »

Well done to all :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: first JAE, and to be to be at the presentations with MR2OC being shouted out quite a lot :D

well done again :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
"That's a Negative Jim..I Do Not Have The Measles!"

Jez~
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12

Post by Jez~ »

Echo echo echo. Same same same. Love the teams and the effort that everyone put in this year. It was truely awesome that we are fast becoming the CLub to beat at JAE. Also a huge thanks to everyone that came along to the events to support us. I know I speak on behalf of the Tug of war teams and Red (who I also spoke to about this) and we all agreed that without the shouting and support of the MR2OC massive, we may not quite have achieved as much as we all did. It makes a huge difference when you know everyone is out there willing you to win.

I have made a mental note to self for next year. 4 secs!!!!! If only I'd realised how close I was. :ranting1: I will promise to enter the endurance next year and slay the Bear from his throne. ;) I know Justin felt the same about the car pull. The more people we get in the events the better we do, so start thinking about next year and get your names down. :clapping:

Thanks all.

Big up the OC. :yahoo:

Jez
Lower than a Rattlesnakes belly!

Mrs_smitty
Deceased Member R.I.P
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by Mrs_smitty »

I`ll start for next yr then , put me down for the Go-Karting, the grin on my face never failed during that :blush:

And you can put Smitty down for the endurance and car pull although no doubt Gaz will volunteer him for the TOW again :laughing

New Hubby, New House, New start what more could i want ?

oddshoes
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by oddshoes »

This club is amazing and this just shows it because of the organising the the OC stand and the prep that must of gone into orangizing it let alone organizing us :D

But fair play to those who stepped upto the mark and took part in the events old and new faces, small and more substancual characters if it wasnt for you lot we wouldnt of done so well.

Let's see if we can defend both the TOW caterogies, the eating compitions, IKO and get more even tho it was turely an impressive haul :D
Current - modified 265bhp PFL MR-S in Gulf Livery

Previous - Rev1 turbo, Rev3 turbo, Rev5, Rev3 V6, PFL Roadster

chris
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by chris »

Congratulations to everyone involved in the club, whether you be new or old members, participants of the events, or just there cheering the participants on... you make this club what it is today!!

:clapping:

...and here's the trophy's to prove it!!!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 12 years and 6 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “JAE - 2011”