Japfest Aftermath

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Japfest Aftermath

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Thanks for organising Vinny!! :clapping: :th:

What a day for the weather!!! Glorious, and now burnt to a crisp - Doh!

Great turn out on the club stand (when you all turned up!! - didn't envy you lot at all getting in!) that has to be one of the biggest Jap meets this year full stop!

Good to meet up with a few new members and see faces of old (some older than others :laughing ) great to see the the banter hasn't declined in my recent absence of meets.

I got a video on my phone of the drifting and a couple of pics, but I'll leave the proper shots of the day to the others who used their cameras.

Disappointing start due to the queueing :crybaby: but I had a great day.

B&B the night before is the only way to do Japfest if you live afar!

Looking forward to the pics :th:

HM

MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Gaz!

Re: Japfest Aftermath

Post by Gaz! »

That was a good start to the season, plenty of people on the stand. All the new guys I met welcome.

The que however,jebus, that was terrible,never been that long before. Im going to complain to combe and see if I can get a parcial refund, we missed half the day. Worth a try.

Topic author
Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Gaz! wrote:That was a good start to the season, plenty of people on the stand. All the new guys I met welcome.

The que however,jebus, that was terrible,never been that long before. Im going to complain to combe and see if I can get a parcial refund, we missed half the day. Worth a try.
I would mate, that was a joke beyond belief today! Lezz and I have never done a convoy down on the morning due to a 2 hour run to get there, but then queueing a good 1 1/2 hours after getting there on our first year with a poor B&B location made us change our B&B location. The best road to enter Quarry (after todays fiasco) is "the St" from Grittleton (where our B&B was this year, as it's the closest road junction to the gate) and we were damn lucky tbh this year, as I've never seen it that busy at 8:30am! I think I would have gone mad sat in my car for 3 1/2 hours to get in!

Got straight out though - waited 3-4 minutes to leave the gate and a straight run home! Somebody needs a telling off!

Never seen it that busy though - must have been a last minute public thing due to the weather maybe? 20,000+ people there easy I would have thought, not surprised if it was more.

Next time bud for Mad Dog burgers :th: :laughing

HM

Craig-rev3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7

Post by Craig-rev3 »

Japfest is always a good show, the que was a disaster, we stayed right till the end though to make up for it.

Good to see a few members again, I must admit I didn't say hello to some of the new members :blush:

Bring on the next show!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

Gaz!

Post by Gaz! »

Howlin_Mad wrote:

HM
A couple of beers, ill be right in there. :th:

Topic author
Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Craig-rev3 wrote:Good to see a few members again, I must admit I didn't say hello to some of the new members :blush:
Apologies from me too - I had to catch up with lots of old faces I haven't seen for a few years so was a bit pre-occupied, and with the stand being where it was it didn't lend for a very social focal point with people arriving at different times and being so far from the paddock. Good to see Tony and Ash + young one, and Matt and Lisa again now they've all but defected, and others of course :)

Come on, wheres the pics.. :D

HM

toyojoe

Post by toyojoe »

Last time I went to Combe I got in at 3 am as I know a guy that does the gates there and slept in the car for a few hours. Saved hours of queuing. Would do it again to

Topic author
Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Gaz! wrote:
Howlin_Mad wrote:

HM
A couple of beers, ill be right in there. :th:
Yeah,

A&E :laughing

HM

simon1
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by simon1 »

Thanks for organising this vinny. Nice sunny day (now have sunburnt face lol) stand was great and got to meet some new and old faces :th
the drifting was fab and got to look round some very nice well kept cars.
only downside is I (we) missed a lot of it due to being sat in the car queueing for soooooo long.
still cant believe it took 3 1/2 hours to get from the start of the queue at 7:45 to getting into the show. :shocked: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

based on this if i go again next year il still be leaving my house at 5:30 am but will leave the convoy and service/morrisons and go straight to the gate for 7:00 to ensure i get in quickly as im not doing that again. :facepalm:
My MR2 MK2 REV2 Tubby
210.7 HP, 208 LB/ft Torque, 1/4mile in 14.7023s and castle coombe lap of 1:41 :D

dspec

Japfest Aftermath

Post by dspec »

Yeah i left at 6 am, i was with some friends, I did pop over to the stand to see you all but everyone had disappeared!

I'm now lying in bed with an ice pack on my face. Epic burn fail haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

somersetmister

Post by somersetmister »

sadly a horrible japfest and ive been to all.

took 1.5 hours to get in, the show was good but a little same old, lots of scoobies as ever, tonnes of civics but the mr2s tucked away in a corner, would be nice to have some different cars near the track)

and organising the traffic, well loads of stewards parking the cars and important looking security types, but when we came to leave, it took 2 hours to get out of the big field car park thanks to one exit only, no staff in the field at all and traffic lights outside in the road, it was a disgrace, and sadly those around us all said they wouldnt come back, silly behaviour when word travels fast, but as said elsewhere its too big for coombe now and with the aweful staffing, it makes it all the more obvious. real shame

KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Thanks vinny - 'twas a good day

As a new face it was great to have a look at what everyone else was running! Didn't really get to say hi to many of you (I had the blue rev1 between fruit loops's white trd rep and the orange modified one for sale :D) There has been some serious work put into some of these cars, and they certainly looked the part ... I wish the same could be said for the micra owners club! Lol

The queuing was mental but other than that a great day - cant believe the amazing weather!!

Roll on next year!!!

Anyone got any photos of the club cars?

rover76

Post by rover76 »

Sorry i failed to make this fellas, my mates tubby 's speedo packed in and the engine light kept coming on. :sad:

peteV6R5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by peteV6R5 »

yea big thanks to Vinny for the organization. the 3 1/2 queue was not all wasted - it was like a series of 15 minute mini meets - catching up with old faces and meeting new ones. saying that I would not want o do the same thing again next year a right bar steward. Overall - a good day - great weather and a V good club turn out.
Last edited by peteV6R5 on 13/05/12 22:44, edited 1 time in total.
Highland Drive 13/14/15/17/18/19
JAE 07/09/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17
Japfest 09/11/12/13/16/19
Wales runs 14/15/16/17/18

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japfest Archive”