Japshow - The Aftermath!!!

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
MR2Jay
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 7

Japshow - The Aftermath!!!

Post by MR2Jay »

First off - Thanks to everyone who showed up. :clapping:

Without you Guys making the effort, there is no show :th:

Was really good to catch up with the "Old Guard" as well as meeting some more new faces. All are always welcome.

Despite the weather yesterday, still had a good time although the wind managed to succeed in getting right on my tits. at least today was alright :th:

So, use this post for general chat and posting your pics/vids

Didn't take many myself (All on my phone) :th:

Again, HUGE thanks for all those that came along :clapping:

1993 Revision 3 Turbo - Restoration Underway

Howlin_Mad
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Japshow - The Aftermath!!!

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Well done for organising Jay :clapping:

Had a good day and got a bit sunburnt! Didn't envy you guys yesterday though - I could have made it about 8pm but saw the weather report :shocked:

Good to meet a few new faces and see some new cars :D

Turnout wasn't great though (the whole event I mean), but made it more enjoyable IMHO as when it's packed it's not nice, but meant we got good grandstand seats :th:

That Zed was proper mental, and you guys missed his last run that me and Topgums watched. Nearly stacked it BIG TIME!!! I'll upload it if I can.

Saw some good MR2 track action, and some really good times with a Red Turbo dipping into the 12's :th: How common are those R35's though? pfft. I'd love it if when you bought one you get handed a free racing helmet and the salesman said "because if you go to Santa Pod you're going to need it" :laughing

Awaiting the LeFrog pics.....

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Jimmy1989

Post by Jimmy1989 »

I just wanted to say I had a brilliant day and my apologies to not introducing myself to anyone, got in, cleaned car and then looked around. When I returned no one was there but thanks for organising it.

My car was the black turbo with the toms spoiler and skirts and I was the guy with no hair in a white goody and aviators

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Jimmy1989 wrote:I just wanted to say I had a brilliant day and my apologies to not introducing myself to anyone, got in, cleaned car and then looked around. When I returned no one was there but thanks for organising it.

My car was the black turbo with the toms spoiler and skirts and I was the guy with no hair in a white goody and aviators
Was that the one parked next to Carol's (Tinker2)? Nice looking motor if it was :th:

HM

Olly.Dent

Post by Olly.Dent »

It's a shame I missed this but hey ho I cant do much if the cars in bits.

Jimmy1989

Post by Jimmy1989 »

Possibly? Turned up when everyone was already parked. Thanks for the comments though. It was the g reg

rover76

Post by rover76 »

Was good there was little rain today, nice to see the few i did. :th:

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

rover76 wrote:Was good there was little rain today, nice to see the few i did. :th:
Good to see you too bud, can't believe I found you and Dave lost in Wellingborough this morning (along with me - again!!) :laughing

Damn one way system!

HM

rover76

Post by rover76 »

Howlin_Mad wrote:
rover76 wrote:Was good there was little rain today, nice to see the few i did. :th:
Good to see you too bud, can't believe I found you and Dave lost in Wellingborough this morning (along with me - again!!) :laughing

Damn one way system!

HM
I wasn't lost ! i just like driving in circles :rolleyes:

:D

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

thanks for organising this Jay was great to catch up again and nice to meet some new faces.God i must need my head testing camping in gale force winds and freezing my nuts of lol despite that always have a good laugh especially Gaz when he had a taste of my beyond death sauce and chilly peanuts :laughing .as Kiz ays tthat Zed car was mental putting in times of 6.75 secs and topping over 200 mph,and he nearly came a cropper in the final.

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

topgun wrote:thanks for organising this Jay was great to catch up again and nice to meet some new faces.God i must need my head testing camping in gale force winds and freezing my nuts of lol despite that always have a good laugh especially Gaz when he had a taste of my beyond death sauce and chilly peanuts :laughing .as Kiz ays tthat Zed car was mental putting in times of 6.75 secs and topping over 200 mph,and he nearly came a cropper in the final.
Your nuts were pretty hot Mick, but highly munchable :D

Don't eat hot chilli sauce and rub your eyes though - epic fail by me at breakfast!

HM

Howlin_Mad

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Tallboy
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 17
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by Tallboy »

Well done guys! Had a wicked weekend im shattered now tho and sun burnt! lol

ive got some pics i'll upload tomo :)

That wind yesterday was nuts!! Glad we worked thru tho, had a laugh on the dodgems and watching Gaz!'s bbq turning into a flaming ball off lol! Micks nuts were abit warm tho lol
MK2 REV3 NA R.I.P
MK2 REV3 95 TURBO Reborn!!!..... now in Dawesys hands getting 2GR love
MK2 REV4 NA R.I.P
MK2 REV3 96 TURBO
MK2 REV3 NA AUTO Reborn!!...... Now in Mikes hands getting boosted!

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by topgun »

Tallboy wrote:! Micks nuts were abit warm tho lol
I 'm a bit worried about youy and Kiz,you seem to have a fettish about my nuts :laughing ;)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japshow Archive”