japfest 2013

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
KarlBristol

Re: japfest 2013

Post by KarlBristol »

This all could have been avoided if the muppet in my local post office gave me the correct advice. The letters are only 9p short on postage which makes it worse as its such a feeble amount!!

Most people's tickets seem to be trickling through now, so hopefully everyone gets them in plenty of time of Japfest. I'm sure that the bank holiday hasn't helped matters...

Annoyingly I've been told that my car won't be ready and so as such I am going to sell my ticket/stand pass as I will have no use for it. If anyone is interested PM me.

Craig-rev3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Craig-rev3 »

What happens if a ticket doesn't arrive, does that person get compensated or do they lose out on a show & the £20 they've already paid?
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by TonyleFrog »

KarlBristol wrote:This all could have been avoided if the muppet in my local post office gave me the correct advice. The letters are only 9p short on postage which makes it worse as its such a feeble amount!!
Understood and the work you have put in to get things organised is not unappreciated. The questions I have are:

1. Was it a main Post Office or a sub branch where the job is contracted out to a local shopkeeper?

2. Have you made an official complaint (preferably in writing) about the incorrect advice you were given?

3. If not, why not? The potential is there for some people to never receive what they have paid for and have to do so again on the gate. The lack of a car club stand pass then makes it a triple whammy!
KarlBristol wrote:Most people's tickets seem to be trickling through now, so hopefully everyone gets them in plenty of time of Japfest. I'm sure that the bank holiday hasn't helped matters...
Well its now a week (allowing for the Bank Holiday) since you sent them out and the trickle hasn't reached me yet. The postie has been and gone today. Neither the missing envelope nor a card from RM holding me to ransom. Being retired, I am in the fortunate position of being able to jog along to the local sorting office and find out whether they are sitting on it. Those with jobs may not be so lucky.
KarlBristol wrote:Annoyingly I've been told that my car won't be ready and so as such I am going to sell my ticket/stand pass as I will have no use for it. If anyone is interested PM me.
Oh, the irony! :rolleyes:

There is a possibility that, for a different reason, I may not be able to attend either. The difference being that I may not have anything to offer and get (some/all of) my money back...

ETA. I have sent you a PM re some info I need before I start hassling RM at my end.
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

shinny
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12

Post by shinny »

KarlBristol wrote:Annoyingly I've been told that my car won't be ready and so as such I am going to sell my ticket/stand pass as I will have no use for it. If anyone is interested PM me.
Rather than selling your ticket, why don't you turn up at the meeting point in a non-MR2 car and give it to someone who's ticket hasn't arrived. That would be a much better show of good faith than trying to recoup your costs when people who were depending on you appear to be losing their money.

Also, have you contacted JapFest about the situation? Cos even if we buy tickets on the, getting onto our stand will be tricky without stand passes!

Craig-rev3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Craig-rev3 »

KarlBristol wrote: Annoyingly I've been told that my car won't be ready and so as such I am going to sell my ticket/stand pass as I will have no use for it. If anyone is interested PM me.

Ooo I've come over with deja vu. I recall attending one of you previous meets that was meant to be attended by over 30 cars from various forums only to find out upon arriving that 6 people turned up.

However we didn't find out until during the event that your car wasn't ready and as such you didn't attend.

I agree with tony, we do appreciate the work you've put in.
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

Topic author
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

TonyleFrog - I will respond to your PM shortly

shinny - I have put in more than 2 solid days of work into organizing this for various clubs and running around. Why should I also have to be £20 out of pocket?? How did you work that one out?! As people's tickets are arriving if you had some patience I'm sure it will arrive. If your upset with how its been organized maybe step up to the mark and organize it for your own club next year...

Craig-rev3 - In relation to the last event that I didn't attend that had nothing to do with my car. I was policing a riot. I explained this to a member on here and it was written up on twobrutal/imoc.
My car is 6 months overdue on it's engine conversion and is sat at the other end of the country to me with nothing in the engine bay currently - feel free to check my build thread on imoc if you don't believe me.
I don't see what relevance or bearing that has on this situation?

Anyone else want to jump on the bandwagon and have a go at the person who has chased around tirelessly trying to organize this for everyone?? :facepalm:

shinny

Post by shinny »

KarlBristol wrote:shinny - I have put in more than 2 solid days of work into organizing this for various clubs and running around. Why should I also have to be £20 out of pocket?? How did you work that one out?! As people's tickets are arriving if you had some patience I'm sure it will arrive. If your upset with how its been organized maybe step up to the mark and organize it for your own club next year...
Easy tiger! I'm purely making a suggestion, because for those of us who don't have tickets yet the appearance of you selling yours is a tad odd. I understand you don't want to be out of pocket and that you've put effort into organising (which, as others have said, is appreciated), but there are other perspectives. Patience is one thing and I'll be very happy if my ticket shows up, but my experience from having made this mistake myself does not encourage me.

As for stepping up to organise the show myself, I considered it but as I've literally just ripped up my entire life in Bristol and moved to Reading at v short notice, it's very a good thing I didn't do it this year!

Topic author
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Why would me selling my ticket appear odd??
I don't have a car I can attend in, and therefore no use for the ticket. I shouldn't be out of pocket because I can't go.

I seem to be getting both barrels from everyone at the moment, and people don't seem to realise that I am stuck in the middle. I acted on the information that I was told in good faith. Its not like they were sent second class or to random addresses or anything like that.

I have sent the Japfest organizers an email to try and see if there is anything they can suggest/any way that they can resolve it for us.

As it stands who has and who hasn't received their tickets and I will get a list running?

shinny

Post by shinny »

KarlBristol wrote:I seem to be getting both barrels from everyone at the moment, and people don't seem to realise that I am stuck in the middle. I acted on the information that I was told in good faith. Its not like they were sent second class or to random addresses or anything like that.
I think we all understand there was a problem with the advice you've been given and that you may not at fault here. This is a frustrating situation for all of us...
KarlBristol wrote:I have sent the Japfest organizers an email to try and see if there is anything they can suggest/any way that they can resolve it for us.
Great work, I look forward to hearing what they say. Thanks :th:
KarlBristol wrote:As it stands who has and who hasn't received their tickets and I will get a list running?
Received:
1) KarlBristol

Not Received:
1) Shinny

sk8gom
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by sk8gom »

I’m hoping there has been a note been delivered for me today when I get home from work, although I won’t be surprised when I get home to find there isn’t!!
Again I greatly appreciate the work you have put in Karl, so thanks, but relying on the Royal Mail to filter the tickets through in time may well not be enough. We need to discuss with the organisers some sort of solution should the worst happen and there are people left without tickets.
There must be something we (more specifically Karl) can agree with the organisers at Japfest to help sort out this situation. Something along the lines of us providing all the registration numbers of people who haven’t got their tickets in time, or even all the registration numbers of all the cars so they know that we haven’t sneaked in any extras, and then they can provide the gate staff at gate A with this info?
I’m sure Japfest won’t really want a stand sized for 40 odd cars with only 10 on it, doesn’t look good for them and as long as there are the number of cars that paid up on the stand then surely they can’t argue with that? It’s not like we’re trying to pull a fast one or anything so even if they want to come check our stand then so be it.
I will be unbelievably gutted if my tickets don’t come in time and we can’t sort something with the organisers, Japfest is one of the highlights of my year! This year brings a few big changes to my car that I have worked hard on to creating something a bit different and pushing what can be done with an MR2. I have spent a lot of time effort to bring it all together before Japfest and I have been dying to show her off to the masses. Leaving her at home and paying an extra £50 on top of the £20 I’ve already paid (Gate prices are £25 EACH) will be a devastating blow.
Karl you shouldn’t take what people are saying personally, as I’m sure none of them are meaning to attack you or your organisation of the event, they are just concerned about the situation whose ever fault it may be. I personally am very happy with our location this year which no doubt has been helped by a good prompt submission of the club booking.

Fingers crossed everyone who paid up can get in to the show and with their car!

sk8gom
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by sk8gom »

Received:
1) KarlBristol

Not Received:
1) Shinny
2) Sk8gom

Topic author
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Here is what I am aware of so far just from flipping through the forums quickly

Received:
1) KarlBristol
2) jack-p
3) Lauren
4) Special K
5) StormLoaded
6) 4ndee
7) coanda
8) Adam86
9) mr2sparky
10) nedward
11) snowtigger
12) wood_patrick
13) redcarblackhorse

Not Received:
1) Shinny
2) Tonylefrog
3) Sk8gom

So the good news is that people are definitely receiving them
In the meantime - call your local sorting/delivery office as its probably sat there

Topic author
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Sk8gom - I have already contacted the Japfest organizers to try and resolve this and am doing everything possible to sort it out. I am awaiting their response.

If in doubt call your local royal mail delivery office.
I think that the thing that is taking the time is them sending out the cards to people saying that payment is needed. Not the delivery to their offices in the first place (if that makes sense... lol)

shinny

Post by shinny »

Skimmed through the threads and updated for those who don't have tickets yet:

Received:
1) KarlBristol
2) jack-p
3) Lauren
4) Special K
5) StormLoaded
6) 4ndee
7) coanda
8) Adam86
9) mr2sparky
10) nedward
11) snowtigger
12) wood_patrick
13) redcarblackhorse

Not Received:
1) Shinny
2) Tonylefrog
3) Sk8gom
4) mk2mattw
5) Craig-rev3
6) sherwin1983
7) 123Danc

I've now discovered where my local office is and will try and make a trip there before work tomorrow...

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 11 years and 2 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Japfest Archive”