Norfolk members

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Stripey
Years of MR2 Ownership: 12
MR2's Owned: 3

Norfolk members

Post by Stripey »

Helloooooooooooooo, my '2' and I are finally back on the road although both still a bit worse for wear after my crash two and a bit years ago. :yahoo:

Since the sun has been out I have seen quite a few MR2's out and about on the roads. Especially Wymondham side of Norwich.
Just wondering if there are any active local members in Norfolk, as I would love to organise a meet but not sure who is still around.

As much as I love my parents meets in Essex (markandlyn) it is always nice to enjoy a cider next to the broads :p

Please let me know if you'd be interested and I can organise one whilst we still have this fab weather.

chaos19810
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2

Re: Norfolk members

Post by chaos19810 »

I'm in bury st edmunds so am around and it's the summer holidays so have plenty of free time
Mr2 G limited (gt-s engine) broken but fun
Mr2 uk 156 bhp - in bits
Mr2 gt 170bhp - with the parents
http://mr2turbo.wordpress.com/
If its broken hit it with a hammer if its still broken get a bigger hammer

Topic author
Stripey

Post by Stripey »

That's great :)

This weather is just too good to miss!!!!

I am hoping there are still a few of us on here, as there are definitely a few 2's about.

baileydom

Post by baileydom »

Although in Essex, im in the far north (colchester) so it's not that far away for me to run up there. And who can turn down a cider next to the broads! Good to hear you're back on the road!

Sent from my GT-I9100

Topic author
Stripey

Post by Stripey »

Good to hear Dom, I'd better check the forecast and get a date sorted before the sun realises this is England... :p

chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 »

Stripey wrote:Good to hear Dom, I'd better check the forecast and get a date sorted before the sun realises this is England... :p
Let me know never been to the Broads hopefully my car will be back together by then
Mr2 uk 156 bhp - in bits

Topic author
Stripey

Post by Stripey »

Yes of course :) can't beat a good cider next to the broads on a 'rare' warm summers evening.

Although I will have to admit, I don't actually like real cider....... I'll stick to my Strawberries and lime Koppaberg :p

I'd like to organise one within the next coming weeks whilst we have this weather as a good excuse to go for a drive with the roof off.
Is there a rough time when your car will be whole again or is it work in progress???

baileydom

Post by baileydom »

Yeah get a date sorted and let me know. Just need an excuse for a roof off Norfolk b-road run! Lol

Strawberries and lime cider? That's all wrong! :grin:

Sent from my GT-I9100

stuMR2lee
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by stuMR2lee »

Essex convoy to Norfolk. Sounds like a good idea for a road trip:) M&L can pick us up on way!

chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 »

Stripey wrote:Yes of course :) can't beat a good cider next to the broads on a 'rare' warm summers evening.

Although I will have to admit, I don't actually like real cider....... I'll stick to my Strawberries and lime Koppaberg :p

I'd like to organise one within the next coming weeks whilst we have this weather as a good excuse to go for a drive with the roof off.
Is there a rough time when your car will be whole again or is it work in progress???
Within the next few weeks is fine I'm going to try and break the car and strip the engine out of the tubby first so the rev5 SS will be running so let me know
Mr2 uk 156 bhp - in bits

Topic author
Stripey

Post by Stripey »

baileydom wrote:Yeah get a date sorted and let me know. Just need an excuse for a roof off Norfolk b-road run! Lol

Strawberries and lime cider? That's all wrong! :grin:

Sent from my GT-I9100
I am on it! :) Nothing beats a good bit of roof off Norfolk countryside fun. Makes up for all of the roof leaking moments. ;)
stuMR2eye wrote:Essex convoy to Norfolk. Sounds like a good idea for a road trip:) M&L can pick us up on way!
I'd better be contacting the parents as well then! But that definitely sounds like a good idea.
chaos19810 wrote:
Within the next few weeks is fine I'm going to try and break the car and strip the engine out of the tubby first so the rev5 SS will be running so let me know
:th: All good then..... I'd better get on and sort a date!

stuMR2lee

Post by stuMR2lee »

What about the first Sunday in August? Or a late afternoon/evening on a Saturday?

Afternoon onwards are good for me & Jane. See what everyone else thinks though.

We've got the joint Kent/Essex meet on the 27th July and over at Chaos' on the 28th with Al. This Sunday coming is a bit short notice. So looks like August if the weather holds.

Topic author
Stripey

Post by Stripey »

I am thinking Saturday 3rd August possibly, weather allowing.

It's not predicted to be as sunny but looks like it'll still be a warm one. The 4th is sunnier through the day but meant to rain in the evening.
Quite likely to change from now to then but these dates could be good???

What do people reckon??

stuMR2lee

Post by stuMR2lee »

I could do late afternoon onwards on the 3rd or lunchtime ish on the 4th.

Surprised about a weather forecast that far in advance. They can't usually get tomorrow right:)

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 10 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Norwich / East Anglia”