JAE - What's all the fuss about?

4 - 7 September - Wicksteed Park - Kettering

Moderator: Regional Reps

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13
MR2's Owned: 6

Post by d-peg »

What is JAE http://www.japcarclub.com/whatisjae/

JAE is the MR2OC's biggest social event on the calendar and also the largest all Jap car show in Europe. It happens annually around September time and has been held at Wicksteed Park near Kettering for the past 3 years (this will be the 4th at Wicksteed I think) which has a small theme park, good toilet and shower facilities, good local amenities, close hotels & B&B's (for those that don't fancy camping). Most importantly, I stress this is a social event - to get together us nutty MR2-lovers.

Gates open Thursday and once you have your wristband they're open 24hrs a day to come & go as you please. If you don't want to camp down, there are local B&B's (in walking distance) or hotels should you wish. The club provides facilities and activities should the weather be inclement though, it has never stopped us just cracking on before.! :clapping:

Aside the car show itself, this is a family event and there's plenty to keep you occupied during the days. Many stands and traders to wander around, along with the It's a KnockOut (IKO) events from 5-aside football, Tug of War, Relay Races, Food Eating Contest and new contest in 2013 … DRAGONBOAT RACING!!! (Need to improve on that one) :facepalm: Nobody is excluded, just because it may be your first JAE does not mean you cannot do the events - you will be actively encouraged to take part..! We've done extremely well as a club at JAE in previous years with last year probably being our best yet.

I'll add to this as the days go by but please field any questions you have here :)

Dan

Couple of blogs from last year also

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/mr2oc-blogs/entr ... ughts.html

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/mr2oc-blogs/entr ... -gaps.html

92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

TonyleFrog
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 16

Re: JAE - What's all the fuss about?

Post by TonyleFrog »

Need to edit your recycled post Dan. ;)
Dragon Boats aren't new this year...
If you're not living life on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

HM wrote: TonyleFrog aka "The Fog Penetrator"

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

Any news on our plot for this year?

Fancy dress theme for Saturday?

Are we entered into the IKO yet as I noticed Fuggles said on FB the mighty MR2OC hadn't entered yet?

Holiday booked off months ago. Can't wait :clapping:

6th year at Wicksteed too this year i think!?
07 Peterborough
08 Mersea
09 Wicksteed

Or have I got that a year out? (Not on my PC so can't access pics)

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

Topic author
d-peg
Years of MR2 Ownership: 13

Post by d-peg »

Plot same as last year, Tsukuba, just down from the shower block. :th:

We are entered in all events. Fuggles (it was Ruggles actually) doing his bit to pep up entries.

Not sure on the years Kiz.
92 JDM Turbo - V8 Project Car - LINK
93 UK N/A - V6 SC Project Car - LINK
00 mk3 2zz - Driven Daily :D - LINK
It's not a party till I get my bum out

chris
MR2's Owned: 5

Post by chris »

this is the 6th year at Wicksteed park... 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 & now 2014 :th:

I entered us in all the competitions a couple of weeks ago :th:

No idea on fancy dress, sorry :no:

sykesMr2

Post by sykesMr2 »

Got a question it seems im the only one in the oc from the isle of man as it cost a bomb to get off the island £266 this year plus hotels and fuel etc that soon goes up to a grand not including spending money I can only afford to go to one show a year is JAE worth it and are nice to lets say foreigners as I wouldnt even now where to go

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Post by vinp182 »

Best show of the year IMO dude.. Its more of a social meet rather than just the cars... Last year I parked my car up and didn't go back to it untill we left on the sunday

Also It doesn't matter where you are from dude, you are part of the club :th: Newbies buy the beers tho ;) :laughing
Cars suck donkey balls

cori.louise
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by cori.louise »

JAE was the first thing I had done with MR2OC. I am not really a petrol head, just a lover of MR2s but it was a really really good weekend.
I only went fri-sun but by the time I left I felt like part of the family. Was the most chilled out event I have been to and there is always something going on you find there isn't much time to look around the other cars!
Maybe have a longer stay on the mainland and go on a bit of a driving holiday too?

chris

Post by chris »

If I had to miss all the other shows due to going to JAE I wouldn't care... honestly it's the best show of the year bar none...

I would recommend it to anyone to try it at least once, we finally managed to convince TLF to come after years of badgering him about it last year... and for someone who doesn't do 'static meets' he was one of the first to put his name down for this year...

As Vinny has stated, it's actually not about the cars but more about the social aspect of the show and also the club... it's a great way to get to meet those who you converse with on a regular basis on here and to have a beer/wine/cider/whiskey/coke and a chat with...

You can get involved with the IKO, or just watch and support...

Oh, and everyone's welcome, no matter where you're from, how old you are, what type of car you have and whether it's a show standard, or a 'worn round the edges' daily driver...

I would recommend it to anyone to try at least once... and once you try, it'll be in your calendar every year after that, I can guarantee it :th:

Koni

Post by Koni »

Really looking forward to it.
I have another newbie question, as its all arranged through the club, who do we pay and how much? Are tickets/passes posted out before hand or is it pick up at the gates?

I'm going to try my best to get as much done on the car as I can find time for/afford.

chris

Post by chris »

Koni wrote:Really looking forward to it.
I have another newbie question, as its all arranged through the club, who do we pay and how much? Are tickets/passes posted out before hand or is it pick up at the gates?
In about a month (usually straight after Japshow), they'll be a payment link added to the front page of the MR2OC website that will allow you to pay for your ticket(s)... around 4 weeks before the show the club will bulk buy the tickets for everyone that's paid, and then 2-3 weeks before the show the MR2OC JAE organising team will post out your tickets and stand passes direct to your home address so everything will be in your hand prior to leaving for the show :th:

Koni

Post by Koni »

Sounds great, thanks for the info. I appreciate all the organisation!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

jeff
Administrator
Administrator
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 20
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jeff »

chris wrote:[
and then 2-3 weeks before the show the MR2OC JAE organising team will post out your tickets and stand passes direct to your home address so everything will be in your hand prior to leaving for the show :th:
guess thats my job again for this year sorted , lets make sure we have the cut off date a little earlier this year
Not Plan B again!! Why don't we just go with plan B in the first place?
It’s more important to lose a minute in life than your life in a minute

Iceseth-MR2

Post by Iceseth-MR2 »

Hi guys, d-peg I'll say sorry before I say wicksteed park is in Kettering...on a brighter I will be coming this year but without a car unless funds allow me to find one before hand, as I really miss you guys and the last time I came it was "really good fun"(said in a fun voice)

Sent from my ARRENA7 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 9 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “JAE - 2014”