Valet Mode

Topic author
madbasshunter
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 10

Valet Mode

Post by madbasshunter »

As the boot valet mode seems to catch people out from time to time here is a few pictures to show how valet mode works for those who don't know, and my method of making sure I can still get into the boot via the internal release :)

In normal position the lug (quarter of a circle) hold the metal link (the cable pulls on) in place with the release lever.

In valet mode the lug moves round releasing the link so the cable can pull it but its not connected to the release lever

As I found when I accidentally twisted the lug from inside the boot before shutting it

and had to learn how it worked ;) (and devise a way of getting in without causing any damage)
Then worked out the addition of a cable tie will mean it can always be opened by the cable ;)

MichaelRH94

Re: Valet Mode

Post by MichaelRH94 »

i have this issue with mine, i thought it just needed a new wire or something - ive just been using the key in the boot to open it for months now :laughing im fitting a new master cylinder on saturday (if parts arrive) and i will do this to my boot too :yahoo:

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

If your able to open your boot with the key then you have the master key, in which case you can take it out of valet mode by turning the key the opposite way ;)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Samreedy
MR2's Owned: 0

Post by Samreedy »

Thanks for the pictures, I'm hoping to add a boot release to my alarm/central locking

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Topic author
madbasshunter
MR2's Owned: 10

Post by madbasshunter »

Samreedy wrote:Thanks for the pictures, I'm hoping to add a boot release to my alarm/central locking

That's exactly what I was investigating doing when I accidentally put mine in valet mode :rolleyes:

Samreedy
MR2's Owned: 0

Post by Samreedy »

Did you get it done?

Return to “MK2 Useful Information”