Roof vinyl has a gap where it meets the top of the window

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
neilw

Roof vinyl has a gap where it meets the top of the window

Post by neilw »

My roof has a weird gap where the vinyl meets the roof frame at the top of the window - it almost looks like the roof is stretched but I don't think it is.

The roof strap is about where the roof straps fasten to the vinyl, so I was wondering if that could be to blame? (But I've checked the strap and it does go around the metal rod as I think it should)

It's worse on one side (the drivers side) than the other.

Is there any way to get the vinyl to cover the gap?

Topic author
je72

Re: Roof vinyl has a gap where it meets the top of the window

Post by je72 »

Mine's like that too. I've only had it a week so I've no idea if that's how it's supposed to look or not. It hasn't let any water in after two jet washes and a rain shower so I'm thinking it's probably ok.

Topic author
Cayde-6

Post by Cayde-6 »

Mine also looks like that. I do have a small leak but its not from that part of the roof. I can see clearly where one of the rubber seals has deteriorated further along which is where the water gets in.

Topdownman
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Topdownman »

Thats normal I would say.

With the roof half up (down?) you should be able to pull the roof a bit to even up the gap on each side a bit but there is always that gap. I guess its like that so it folds away ok?

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 5 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”