Aftermarket Rear Trailing Arm help

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem

Topic author
webb2800

Aftermarket Rear Trailing Arm help

Post by webb2800 »

Hi all,

I recently got hold of a pair of Hardrace Rear Trailing Arms Image

Looking at them out of the box I'm a little confused as to how they should fit.

Where the rod fixes to the U bracket there is too much space on either side so the rod slides left and right a little. Is this supposed to be the case? I can't see how tightening the nut would stop the movement unless it bent the bracket in. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

ellisd1984

Re: Aftermarket Rear Trailing Arm help

Post by ellisd1984 »

If its the same as the tension rods that I fitted there was 4 spacing bushes that went either side of the rose joints (2 per joint)

Topic author
webb2800

Re: Aftermarket Rear Trailing Arm help

Post by webb2800 »

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I was expecting. I've double checked the package it came in and I've definitely not got anything similar. I rang Hardrace and they said to fit it to the car anyway and I should find the movement goes. Which I guess would make sense since once the rod is bolted in it wouldn't be able to move but it still seems odd to me that there would be a gap either side of the rose joint and the bracket. I'm just in the process of trying to find out if I'm missing some parts.

Return to “MK2”