new suspension all round

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Stavros58
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

new suspension all round

Post by Stavros58 »

Hi, My front shocks and springs need replacing MOT advisory and one of the rear springs has broken since so I'm looking at replacing the front and rear shock absorbers + springs. Im thinking if the front is getting so tired the rears will not be far behind. I've had the car since new and I'm not into lowering it or modding it in any way I just want it back to factory setting. What's the best option and where do I go to get them? My local village garage is happy to use the parts I supply or they will get them for me but I think it will put the cost up. I also need a hand brake cable for one side. Once sorted I'm looking at getting it re-sprayed as well so in all it will probably cost more than the car is worth but the car is worth more to me than the cost if you get my logic which I'm sure you do, and I don't want or need a practical boring square box on wheel,as I use my wifes very capable Honda CRV for all things practical. Any advice would be great and if the suggested replacements improve the ride that would be a bonus.

vinp182
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 100

Re: new suspension all round

Post by vinp182 »

Try TCB for your parts
Cars suck donkey balls

Topic author
Stavros58
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Re: new suspension all round

Post by Stavros58 »

Correct it's a MK3 TF300, Chili Red, I've decided to book it into MR2-Ben's its a bit of a treK 85 miles each way but I'm happier taking it there than the local garage and I'll have a day out in Chester whilst I'm waiting. I've booked the paint job for the week after, that's local but it will be away for 5 days so i'm looking forward to the end result. The paint job is a partial front bumper, bonnet suffering from stone chips, wing mirrors and door handles which have lost their lacquer and are going a nasty pink colour, the rest of the paint is in great condition.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 4 years and 7 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”