ECU’s

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
andyjf89
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: ECU’s

Post by andyjf89 »

alsands_mr2 wrote: 24/04/20 9:15 There is 1 on Ebay, item number 184033312510. ECU's direct ( fully refurbished) £175 + postage.
They could also possibly look at yours
I’ve just spoken to these chaps on the phone, it’s actually a repair service for the ecu and not a replacement. It is an option though, they said I can send it down to them to take a look and if there is something they can do they will fix it, failing that they will refund me.

Topic author
andyjf89

Post by andyjf89 »

So I have now done a reset on the ecu. Taken the battery neg off for 10 mins, pumped breaks, taken out both ecu and EFI fuse, left for a while, put it all back together and the CEL came on but intermittently and was flickering. The car was turning over but yet again not firing. I have since left it for a bit longer again, and the car is now no longer even wanting to turn over 🙈🙈🙈 any suggestions?

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18

Post by jimi »

andyjf89 wrote: 24/04/20 7:41

MR2DI4- you mentioned a chap who did yours, would you have his contact details you could send on to me so I can ask the question?

Clutching at straws now 🙈
He's in New Zealand ;)
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topic author
andyjf89

Post by andyjf89 »

Ohh god what a nightmare. I have spoken to the lads at MR2 Ben who said that they apparently repair them in house and test them on a car. They are going to see if the chap that does them is able to take a look for me

MR2DI4
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 23

Post by MR2DI4 »

Im an electronics technician but i wouldn't want to work on ECUs and hence i bought two spares when they came up cheap on our equivalent to E-Bay. Eventually if you cannot get one you have to look aftermarket at the likes of LINK and they cost thousands. Find a reliable repair co or get one from a wreckers. Reality is they can only do basic repairs on them as they are full of specialized semiconductors not to mention now obsolete parts.

https://www.nzefi.com/product/link-g4-p ... ica-st185/

Interestingly does the 89 to 92 versions.

Topic author
andyjf89

Post by andyjf89 »

Anyone have any knowledge of this? It came off a turbo apparently

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283847505865

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 11 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”