MK3 Centre Caps

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
granadam
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

MK3 Centre Caps

Post by granadam »

Hi
I am completely new to MR2 ownership, so bear with me :laughing
I am having the original alloys of my mk3 sprayed graphite as they're in a shocking state, but the centre caps are currently the original shiny silver. Anyone know if they can be resprayed the same colour as the alloys easily? Can't seem to find a centre camp that's black that will fit so need to find out if they are paintable.

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: MK3 Centre Caps

Post by jimi »

I would doubt it, they are chromed plastic, might be difficult to get the paint to adhere properly. Personally I think all black ( or graphite) wheels do nothing for a car. Get them powder coated, it's well worth it IMO this was mine about 8 years ago and they still look pretty much the same

Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Topdownman
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Topdownman »

I got some generic flat plastic caps from ebay to replace the standard ones and after using a plastic primer, just painted them.

All you need to do is work out the diameter of the ones you need. I paid something like £6 about 4-5 yrs ago I think.

Topdownman
Current Model: MK3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by Topdownman »

This is what I mean.

Not everyones cup of tea but I liked them and handy if you want to put stickers on!

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”