NCT (MOT) fail

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
Morphman

NCT (MOT) fail

Post by Morphman »

Hi guys,

So when I bought my 2 it had no NCT which is the irish MOT. I subsequently had to get the NCT failure report off the test centre which I got this morning. The car failed on rear suspension and emissions. I assume the suspension will require new shocks but I am at a but of a loss on the emissions. I have attached the report below. Do the shocks need replacing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SonicSW20
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: NCT (MOT) fail

Post by SonicSW20 »

How were they measuring the oil temp? Often with SW20's its just a case of the cat it not hot enough to be operating at its most efficient.
Rev5 Sonic Shadow

Topic author
Morphman

Re: NCT (MOT) fail

Post by Morphman »

Mmm, I don't know how they measure it. You could be right that the car wasnt up to temp

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 3 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”