Exhaust and seats.

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
blitzmk2@hotmail.com

Exhaust and seats.

Post by blitzmk2@hotmail.com »

Any ideas/advice. I am looking for a new ss exhaust. Looking round at reviews etc it seems that Malian's rust, Powerflow are far to loud and so are Cobra. Fox seemed like the answer but they can provide very little info and why is a stainless exhaust only warranted for three years?
Next, after years with a Westfield that scared the wife and with advancing age I turned to a mk3. Love it, but after a tour of Wales covering 170 miles, we were both extremely uncomfertable, due to the hard seat squabs and no lumber support. Is it just us old f**ts or is there a way round this?

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Exhaust and seats.

Post by jimi »

I've got MK3 seats in my MK1, I've always found them comfortable and supportive on long trips (300 + miles)

Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Voivod

Post by Voivod »

jimi wrote: 08/05/21 19:07 I've got MK3 seats in my MK1, I've always found them comfortable and supportive on long trips (300 + miles
Would they fit Rev2 as I can do with the seats too? :D

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Years of MR2 Ownership: 18
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi »

Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Voivod

Post by Voivod »

OK thanks for the link. I've seen people put Mazda RX8 seats too :D

themissingelf

Post by themissingelf »

On the subject of exhausts... I have the Cobra fitted to my Mk3. Came with the car. Nice sound but can drone a little at higher speeds - probably quite badly with a 5 speed gearbox but I'm blessed with six so it is tolerable.

The tail pipes have corroded but I don't like shiny bits so sanded them off an spray with high temp black (which is more charcoal grey in reality). So far so good.

Currently with stock mainfold and CAT but I'm about to change the manifold to s/steel too which should alter the sound slightly.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK3”