Blue Smoke when used blitz nur spec installed

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
MR2T_Jake
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1
MR2's Owned: 1

Blue Smoke when used blitz nur spec installed

Post by MR2T_Jake »

So on sunday i had a used blitz nur spec installed on my recently rebuilt turbo engine.

Initially it smoked a bit but cleared up completely that day after around 2min and did not return all day.

The next day i went out in the morning with 0 smoke present but came back, snow foamed and jet washed the car, and it started smoking with blue smoke again. for the next 3 or so "cool" starts it would start with 0 smoke for the first 1min then once the exhaust was hot to the touch it would then blow a cloud or two of blue smoke when revved and completely stop again, even letting the car idle for 5 min then revving there was no more smoke. And even no smoke when driving in and out of boost.

I decided to put my old exhaust back on, and through today and yesterday only a very small amount of blue smoke came out once between around 7 start ups.

This leads me to think the blitz has a lot of oil sitting in the baffling that needs to burn off that i disturbed when i snow foamed the car and jet washed it, sending it into the mid-pipe also.

Would this sound about right to anyone else here? The symptoms are not in line with stem seals, head gasket or piston rings. The turbo has no movement and no oil collecting in any of the intercooler pipes. The car performs no different at all and still boosts nicely with no lack of power or torque.

Look forward to hearing some opinions :)

I can't figure out how to put in an image here, so this is my cry for help. :confused1:

MR2DI4
Current Model: None
Years of MR2 Ownership: 23

Re: Blue Smoke when used blitz nur spec installed

Post by MR2DI4 »

Wouldn't worry about it.

Sprayed a load of CRC on my exhaust once because I was working on it and had so much smoke coming out the engine bay on the first run that someone jumped out of their car at the traffic lights to tell me my engine was on fire. :laughing

Voivod

Post by Voivod »

MR2T_Jake wrote: 08/06/21 16:18 So on sunday i had a used blitz nur spec installed on my recently rebuilt turbo engine.

Initially it smoked a bit but cleared up completely that day after around 2min and did not return all day.

The next day i went out in the morning with 0 smoke present but came back, snow foamed and jet washed the car, and it started smoking with blue smoke again. for the next 3 or so "cool" starts it would start with 0 smoke for the first 1min then once the exhaust was hot to the touch it would then blow a cloud or two of blue smoke when revved and completely stop again, even letting the car idle for 5 min then revving there was no more smoke. And even no smoke when driving in and out of boost.

I decided to put my old exhaust back on, and through today and yesterday only a very small amount of blue smoke came out once between around 7 start ups.

This leads me to think the blitz has a lot of oil sitting in the baffling that needs to burn off that i disturbed when i snow foamed the car and jet washed it, sending it into the mid-pipe also.

Would this sound about right to anyone else here? The symptoms are not in line with stem seals, head gasket or piston rings. The turbo has no movement and no oil collecting in any of the intercooler pipes. The car performs no different at all and still boosts nicely with no lack of power or torque.

Look forward to hearing some opinions :)
If exhaust came from a car that suffered turbo failure then it might take a while to burn all oil out of exhaust. I would take if for a good blast and it will clear out :laughing

Topic author
MR2T_Jake
Years of MR2 Ownership: 1

Post by MR2T_Jake »

Exhaust came from a V6, not sure about the car it came from before the V6 however.
I can't figure out how to put in an image here, so this is my cry for help. :confused1:

Voivod

Post by Voivod »

MR2T_Jake wrote: 09/06/21 10:00 Exhaust came from a V6, not sure about the car it came from before the V6 however.
OK :th: then it maybe engine related..early stage.Remove all spark plugs and shine a light in spark plugs holes to see if the top of pistons crown looks wet or oily...on a healthy engine it should be bone dry.

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 9 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”