Extended wheel studs

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
baddeley5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2
MR2's Owned: 1

Extended wheel studs

Post by baddeley5 »

Hi all,

I've been looking a lot into studs today and found a couple of threads but a lot of the links / images are dead, so hopefully we can get some more up to date info.

I'm fitting Rota GTRs to my MK2 (17x7.5 ET45 on the front) and these need spacers to give a bit more room from the suspension. I just got a pair of H&R 10mm which came with extended studs, my question is though these studs have much finer splines at the head and don't seem to easily go in (14.2mm knurl diameter). Is this a case of some WD40 and a bit of force or have I got the wrong studs?

Thanks

Synz
Current Model: MK2
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 3

Re: Extended wheel studs

Post by Synz »

I recently fitted extended studs all round and I couldn't find the correct spline count anywhere, so had the same issue and the short answer is they do go in but you'll need a good impact gun.

Get a long open wheel nut and something to protect the hub/disc.

You'll see my struggle on page 5 of my build thread.
- MR2 Rev5 2.0 GTi TBar 2008 - 2011
- MR2 Rev5 Turbo GTS TBar 2020 - Present
- MR2 Rev3 Turbo GTS Donor car (RIP)
www.instagram.com/fuel_toyota
My Project thread

Topic author
baddeley5
Years of MR2 Ownership: 2
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Extended wheel studs

Post by baddeley5 »

Thanks for the reply! I came to the same conclusion after reading around a lot.

Managed to get them in with a torque wrench a long wheel nut and some washers, but it was definitely a bit of a struggle!

Just need to trim down the spacers a bit now so the hub cap fits on...

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 2 years and 3 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK2”