MR2OC trackday - DATE CHANGE! 7th September - UPDATE!!!!!!

Use this forum to post about Trackdays and other sporting events involving MR2s.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 17 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

topgun
Years of MR2 Ownership: 8
MR2's Owned: 10

Re: MR2OC trackday? Register your interest please.........

Post by topgun »

I will come but only to spectate if thats ok.

breakz

Post by breakz »

I'm up for it, mate! :th:

trd2000mr2

Post by trd2000mr2 »

man....this sounds so good....

but timing's a bit pants due to financial reasons...but then thats what credit cards are for! :twisted:

yep, add me pls...dependant on time and date? What time does the evening session start? I can probably get half a day off work!

Topic author
RichardPON
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0

Post by RichardPON »

Anyone who wants to come but doesn't want to drive should be allowed in the pitlane no problems, but I will check on that.

Mick - will definitely get you in the car for a passenger ride too - if the heart will take it! ;)

VC - pics are always good mate, and judging by your JAE ones, I reckon they'd be top quality!

Breakz you goon - I almost added your name but then thought you might pussy out! Good lad - you will LOVE it, and your car should be spectacular....... if I was driving it ;)

TRD - date TBC, but it's looking like the end of August/beginning of September. Time will be 5-8 ish, but there will be a briefing/ducks and drakes beforehand, so will confirm the times when we have a date.

I have had an email back from Alex at MV today, but only just got it. I'm away from tomorrow morning on a stag weekend, so if I come back alive, I'll reply to this post some point on Sunday.

Let's keep this at the top, and someone make sure ol'Jez360 gets his name on! :lol:
Call me Victor!

World Record Failure non-attendee No.1!
NOT a black knight as I'm not sad enough to belong to an internet group according to the colour of my car!

KC_MR2

Post by KC_MR2 »

Count me in mate, can you post a date as soon as possible. Would prefer after the 13th of sept or later if possible

Topic author
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

Okay, I'm back from the stag weekend and alive..... although barely! :lol:

Will be on to Alex first thing tomorrow morning to sort the date out. Can't promise anything, as it still looks like a late August/early Sept affair, but will see what we can sort.

Right, off to find the paracetemol!
Call me Victor!

NOT a black knight as I'm not sad enough to belong to an internet group according to the colour of my car!

PoohBear

Post by PoohBear »

Gotta be first cpla weeks in Sept for me ...any day is good.

Bob

terminater2_uk

Post by terminater2_uk »

Would love to do this but knowing nothing about trackdays I'm a bit worried. Will this kill my car? Its my daily driver and only form of transport so am I gonna shred my tyres and blow my engine? :eek:

Topic author
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

Bob - as above....... will see what we can do.

Termi - My MR2 is also my daily driver, so that shouldn't be the worry. Of course, you will experience exaggerated wear on tyres and brakes, but if your car is suitably prepared, you should experience no problems. I have a small typed guide to sesnibly preparing your car for a trackday, which I will post up as and when.

The only thing you should really worry about is how you're going to fund your addiction, once you've done the first one!
Call me Victor!

PeteJ
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by PeteJ »

Anyone whos new to track days, have a little read of this...

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/index.php?name=K ... ase&cat=14
Porsche 987 Boxster S 3.4 flat 6. Dyno 298 bhp 260 lbft.
CLICKY FOR BIG PICCY!
CLICKY For MR2

terminater2_uk

Post by terminater2_uk »

Hmmmm. I dont think my car would last a 3 hour drive, a trackday and then a 3 hour drive back!!!!

Topic author
RichardPON

Post by RichardPON »

terminater2_uk wrote:Hmmmm. I dont think my car would last a 3 hour drive, a trackday and then a 3 hour drive back!!!!
Why not?

Last year I did London to Castle Combe, trackday, and back twice, and London to Croft (past Middlesborough) trackday and back.

If the car is in a good roadworthy condition, and is properly maintained, you'll have no problems (aside form if something breaks of course)....
Call me Victor!

monkeyra

Post by monkeyra »

put me down please.

Been meaning to do one all year, and I must!!! :D
Rev 1 Turbo - Trackday Toy

N1RRK

Post by N1RRK »

Im up for this Rich not going to b able to b on here for the next 6 weeks as im away again! Just a flying visit home tonight. I'll be about after the 10th of sept so any time after is good for me.

Bea has got my mobile no if u could just send me a txt if it goes ahead with details etc

Cheers

Rob

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 17 years and 8 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “Trackdaze”