Electrical issue after alt belt change: wiring diagram and question about specific circuit

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
Important ! - Please make your topic title as descriptive as possible . titles with just "help" generally dont get as many answers as a title that points to the problem

Topic author
jo_martin64
Posts in topic: 19

Re: Electrical issue after alt belt change: wiring diagram and question about specific circuit

Post by jo_martin64 » 25/01/18 12:46

Excellent. That's soooo helpful guys. Thank you!!
The auto-electrician is with my car again tomorrow. The feedback he gave so far is that the wire in pin 2 red/blue is short to ground and this is what causes the gauge fuse to blow.
He's got a really good idea of where to look now, thanks to you. :notworthy:
Jo

Topic author
jo_martin64

Re: Electrical issue after alt belt change: wiring diagram and question about specific circuit

Post by jo_martin64 » 01/02/18 11:52

I'd been hoping to update with an outcome by now, but the sparks who was working on my car can't give the time to it, so the garage is trying to bring in another. I'll be sharing what you've all told me once again. I've not had my car since Dec 19th, so really hope thus gets moving soon. I'll let you know when I hear more.

Topic author
jo_martin64

Post by jo_martin64 » 14/02/18 13:15

Hi guys,
Just to let you know that I have my car back.
It was sent to another sparks, as I said in my last update, and I wasn't asked to pay for the work. Worth the exception of the radio (dead) everything seems to be back online. Internal fan/heater, dials, power steering, etc. The only thing I was told was that the 'PAS control unit had gone'. He said it may have been a coincidence, but given I've not paid anything, I'm assuming that was caused by the big short that took out the Alt fuse.
In any case, I have the car back and the outcome is due in no small part to you guys enabling me to have the level of discussions on this with the garage owner and sparks that I needed to have to ensure I wasn't just given the 'girl' treatment and landed with a big bill.
Thank you VERY much. I'm so grateful to have my car back after nearly 2 months!! You guys really rock. :) :clapping:

jimi
Administrator
Administrator
Posts in topic: 8
Years of MR2 Ownership: 14
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by jimi » 14/02/18 13:23

:bigdance: :bigdance:
That's great news, I'm glad it didn't cost you, just the radio to sort out :th:
You'll be glad to have it back :D
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

martin42006
Posts in topic: 4
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by martin42006 » 14/02/18 14:23

Really glad to hear that you got it all sorted and won't have to pay for the work, I wouldn't be using that garage again.
Time to enjoy the car now. :yahoo:
Ashes to ashes,
Dust to dust,
If you don't take it out and use it it's going to RUST!!

Topic author
jo_martin64

Post by jo_martin64 » 16/02/18 16:45

Thanks again, guys.

Return to “MK2”