Radio display and controls dead but plays a CD!

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.

Topic author
neilw
Posts in topic: 2

Radio display and controls dead but plays a CD!

Post by neilw » 14/03/18 10:24

I haven't had a good time lately with my MR2 - someone pranged it whilst it was sat outside my house so I've had to pay £366 to get the door sorted and when I collected the car yesterday found that my stereo no longer worked properly :(

The display and all controls other than the eject button are dead - the unit has power as it plays a cd, but you can't skip tracks, alter the volume or see what track is playing - the power aerial still works, as does the cig lighter socket.

I did have a search and found another owner that had experienced the same, but they swapped the radio for a new one - I however don't have that luxury (the car has bled me dry lately!)

Is there anything I can do pinpoint what's wrong? Do these radio's come up on ebay? Doing a search on there comes up with loads of crap that is definitely nothing to do with the oem radio!

Cheers

Neil

Blueskinnedbeast
Posts in topic: 1
Years of MR2 Ownership: 5
MR2's Owned: 1

Re: Radio display and controls dead but plays a CD!

Post by Blueskinnedbeast » 14/03/18 16:04

Have you spoken to the garage that did the repair to see if they know why the radio stopped working?

Also what year is the car as their are a few breakers around that can supply a radio to you, Dick Sloan or Dean Rozier are two possibilities.

Topic author
neilw
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Radio display and controls dead but plays a CD!

Post by neilw » 14/03/18 16:29

It's currently with them. They've checked all the fuses, they're ok. I've asked them to remove the stereo and clean/wiggle the connections going to the radio to see if that helps.

Otherwise, it will need sending off for repair, which leaves me with no radio, a hole in the car and more expense... :(

Return to “MK3”