Search found 48 matches

by novinno
16/06/18 12:54
Forum: General Banter
Topic: classic car
Replies: 10
Views: 188

Re: classic car

The Mk1 gets some attention because it has looks that are in keeping with the early 80's. Similar to the Fiat X-19 it was straight cut and boxy. The Mk2, introduced in 1989, was way ahead of its' time in the styling stakes, with several Ferrari cues, so although now almost 30 years old, it still loo...
by novinno
28/05/18 11:39
Forum: MK2
Topic: Removing that horrible front plastic number plate holder ?
Replies: 5
Views: 175

Re: Removing that horrible front plastic number plate holder ?

I'm not certain you can get a stick on number plate made that is legal with the essential maker's name, postcode and BS number attached. If not it is an MOT failure.

I sprayed the number plate mounting base the same colour as the car and I think it now looks much better. No MOT problems either.
by novinno
22/01/18 0:11
Topic: Door Lock problems.
Replies: 8
Views: 229

Re: Door Lock problems.

Thanks Darren. I will email you tomorrow as I am somewhat busy at the moment. For some reason I do not understand the PMs I have tried to send you will not go through - It's really odd. novinno. The Help/FAQ section is quite useful ;) http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/faq-s.html?view=faq&catid=2 PM's stay in ...
by novinno
21/01/18 16:33

Thanks Darren.
I will email you tomorrow as I am somewhat busy at the moment.
For some reason I do not understand the PMs I have tried to send you will not go through - It's really odd.

novinno.
by novinno
21/01/18 15:32

Hi Darren

PM me with your email addy.

I may be able to help.

novinno
by novinno
01/12/17 5:43
Topic: Leaving front fog light switch on permanently?
Replies: 20
Views: 467

Re: Leaving front fog light switch on permanently?

You frequently ask for help and advice on this forum and usually you have many replies given freely to assist.

With the attitude you are displaying in this post towards those who yet again are trying to help and advise, you may well not find that help so forthcoming in the future I think.

:zip
by novinno
17/10/17 15:03
Topic: Repairing U.K. front foglight case/brackets?
Replies: 4
Views: 136

Re: Repairing U.K. front foglight case/brackets?

This seller has a pair of fog lamps with undamaged brackets for sale on eBay for under £100 delivered and he is open to offers. Obviously make sure they are suitable for your car and that they are in the condition listed. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2-MK2-1991-1999-front-fog-light-left-passen...
by novinno
23/09/17 13:11
Topic: Help Identifying Part :)
Replies: 7
Views: 276

Re: Help Identifying Part :)

Yes, common problem on a Mk2. Wouldn't usually advise second hand ones but if the link works here's a pair you might consider. I believe they are about the price of a single one from Toyota. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2-MK2-SW20-REAR-LOWER-STRUT-BARS-/162682181025?hash=item25e09d15a1:g:WnAAA...
by novinno
14/07/17 13:39
Topic: Mk2 Interior Rear View Mirror
Replies: 0
Views: 202

Mk2 Interior Rear View Mirror

This is a real left field question. Has anyone successfully dismantled and re-assembled a Mk2 interior rear view mirror? I cannot see how it was put together unless the shiny plastic gasket/seal around the mirror was heat welded to the main body. Why do I need to know? The screw that is accessible t...
by novinno
10/07/17 18:16
Topic: Rear fog lights no worky.
Replies: 20
Views: 726

Re: Rear fog lights no worky.

A basic guess.

Did you have the headlamps switched on when you flicked the rear fog switch ?
by novinno
10/06/17 16:46
Topic: Rear screen surround gasket?
Replies: 6
Views: 643

Re: Rear screen surround gasket?

Following on from my post immediately above. My MR2 is Zircon Blue. Been trying for a long time, without success,to find out the following: - Does anyone have a 2 that has not been re-sprayed and can tell what colour the plastic gasket should be? Black or Blue etc. If coloured is there an everyday o...
by novinno
17/11/16 18:32
Topic: Rear screen surround gasket?
Replies: 6
Views: 643

Re: Rear screen surround gasket?

Just bought one from the dealership.

£18 as near as makes no odds. :crybaby: Not many left apparently.
by novinno
02/07/16 20:16
Topic: High pitched metal chirp (with video)
Replies: 21
Views: 1213

Re: High pitched metal chirp (with video)

I suggested that might be the problem on June 22nd.
by novinno
22/06/16 13:25
Topic: High pitched metal chirp (with video)
Replies: 21
Views: 1213

Re: High pitched metal chirp

After the work you have done it seems unlikely but could be a very small stone lodged between the pads and disc somewhere. Could even be an anti-rattle spring coming into contact with the disc

Go to advanced search