by martin42006
25/04/18 12:10
Forum: MK2
Topic: Pipe?
Replies: 21
Views: 349

Re: Pipe?

Think i have one will have a look.
Pretty sure its your MAP sensor the vaccume line runs to your intake and its adjusts fueling depending on the vaccume pressure.
by martin42006
23/04/18 22:56
Topic: Pipe?
Replies: 21
Views: 349

Re: Pipe?

Think that's the vaccume line that connects to the air fuel mixture thingy mabob it's a small black unit next to the diagnostic port the hose should plug into the underneath of it.
by martin42006
18/04/18 14:12
Topic: Headlight Adjuster
Replies: 12
Views: 214

Re: Headlight Adjuster

If you do have the adjuster wheel and it's not working then I would start by checking fuses. If fuses are good then it's probably the motors that have seized they sit at the top of the headlight assy and push on an inner bucket, the arms tent to rust and seize. I have been looking at alternatives to...
by martin42006
18/04/18 12:51

Just had a sudden thought wave.
Is the dial definatly for headlight adjustment and not dash brightness adjustment?
by martin42006
18/04/18 12:31

Dont think they can fail it even if they know it doesnt work would be like failing a car because the radio doesnt work, nice to have but not neseccary.
I have looked and the only reason i can find for it to fail if the electronic adjuster desnt work is if you have HID's fitted.
by martin42006
18/04/18 12:01
Topic: Overheating
Replies: 5
Views: 90

Re: Overheating

The water pump is fed from your timing belt so worth checking before it shreds your belt. You should be able to take the cover off and just turn the engine over by hand and see if it moves.
A more likely suspect though is the thermostat not opening
by martin42006
18/04/18 11:57

Pretty sure that's a load of bull. If your headlights are aimed correctly then the electronic adjuster shouldn't be needed.
If it's retrofitted it might not even be wired in or have the motors on the headlight assy.
by martin42006
27/03/18 12:26
Topic: Mr2-not ready to let it go UPDATE
Replies: 34
Views: 966

Re: Mr2-not ready to let it go

^+1 on that^ sorn and store it, work on it when you can start with the alt belt as Pete says its really easy and a good place to start learning.General wear and tear can often be easy to fix with new joints and bushes again easy enough to replace yourself as long as you follow guides and make sure t...
by martin42006
22/02/18 8:49
Forum: National Events
Topic: Practical Classics - Classic and Restoration Show
Replies: 5
Views: 282

Re: Practical Classics - Classic and Restoration Show

I went to it last year but not going to have time this year. Its a very good show with plenty going on.
by martin42006
14/02/18 14:23
Topic: Electrical issue after alt belt change: wiring diagram and question about specific circuit
Replies: 33
Views: 825

Re: Electrical issue after alt belt change: wiring diagram and question about specific circuit

Really glad to hear that you got it all sorted and won't have to pay for the work, I wouldn't be using that garage again.
Time to enjoy the car now. :yahoo:
by martin42006
24/01/18 19:54
Topic: Electrical issue after alt belt change: wiring diagram and question about specific circuit

Re: Electrical issue after alt belt change: wiring diagram and question about specific circuit

Yea it seems that that drawing is correct, i spent a while trawling through it after looking at the loom. Very strange how there is so many differences in the looms and diagrams.
by martin42006
23/01/18 21:16

Ok i traced the wire and the one pointed out on wire 2 in J3 Red-blue http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1xNMkVqPx2QX8QiZ_3SLcu7l10hI6MeK7 http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=17gSTys5iruRBSFF41v6nCLG42y8HiOQy This wire in the plug runs to this connector on the other end of the loom, I b...
by martin42006
23/01/18 12:44

I have a spare interior wiring loom knocking about at home so will see if i can find and trace that wire back, will be easier with the loom not in the car. I suspect the diagram Jimi has found is probably correct and checking the heater relay might be a good idea. Will let you know what i find about...

Go to advanced search