Search found 18 matches

by dmbm525i
24/03/18 13:25
Forum: MK3
Topic: Feeling of torque steer
Replies: 34
Views: 2789

Re: Feeling of torque steer

I have just finished polybushing all the main suspension bushes front and back (haven't done anti roll bar or drop link). I also just did some steering adjustment, not to bad a job just a case of trial and error. One complete turn of the steering arm moves the steering wheel approximately 8-10 degre...
by dmbm525i
12/03/18 22:14

I should have added to the above post that I test drove the car yesterday after doing the job and all was good. When I drove it today is started to feel vaguely torque steery (excuse the made up word) again. I gave the bolts a tighten and again it removed the torque steer feel. This bush is definite...
by dmbm525i
12/03/18 21:59

Hi there, Original poster here. I have just this very week end replaced the pillow ball / spherical ball joints that are situated in the hub. I bought the bushes off ebay many months ago, they are the ones that are for an Is200. I have taken the car for a spin and the feeling of torque steer has gon...
by dmbm525i
13/08/17 18:59

Hi there, No more updates regarding more mods to the car. I had to pump the tyres after leaving the car standing for a few weeks. That seems to have made a difference. My current project/mod is rebuilding a secondhand set of front wishbones. I have stripped them of original bushes and ball joint. No...
by dmbm525i
06/06/17 21:48

Is there a specific Yokohama you would recommend? I don't drive the car hard but would like to get the correct tyre.
by dmbm525i
06/06/17 21:45

Hi there John, I'm thinking the same. I have just purchased a set of second hand front wishbones. My intention is to rebuild them with new ball joints, and poly bushes. It looks like replaement arms are at least £150ish up to about £200ish. MrBen has them at £188 each. New ball joints, and poly bush...
by dmbm525i
22/05/17 22:17

I just thought I would add that there doesn't seem to be any apparent extra vibration as a result of the spherical ball bush.
by dmbm525i
22/05/17 22:11

Hi there, my aim is to replace bushes etc on the whole car. The car is on 60k and 14years old so don't expect the bushes to be in fantastic condition although there is no knocking etc. As for alignment I didn't have the car checked, this might be a bit daft. The car is driving and tracking straight....
by dmbm525i
22/05/17 11:04

Hi there, not sure if anyone is looking at this but I managed to fit the two Hardrace traction rods. They were both really easy to fit. On the initial drive the steering wheel was lining up to the right and the car was driving to the left when i let the steering wheel go. Got home and adjusted both ...
by dmbm525i
20/05/17 9:18

A quick up date on the hardrace traction control arms. I fitted the drive's side last night. Not much hassle. I use a draper ball joint remover and the joint came out really easily. I should have had one of these years ago. I took photos of the alignment washer position before removing and I also to...
by dmbm525i
16/05/17 21:38

Hi there, many thanks for the interest in the original post. I have been driving the car quite a bit recently. These things can be a bit annoying in so far as I'm not sure it is still there or not ( I know sounds a bit wishy washy). I had my wife push on the rear wheels to see if there was any play....
by dmbm525i
23/03/17 11:00

Hi there, It's been a while since I have posted. I have changed the bushes in the trailing arm for poly bushes. This is a £60 job and not at all difficult to do. With the arm out use a drill and a 4-4.5mm drill bit to drill into the rubber. It is remarkable how this worked. With the drill gently pla...
by dmbm525i
14/03/17 11:02

Is there a poly bush kit for the lower arm to hub joint. There is plenty for the inner bush but I can't see anything for the outer joint?
by dmbm525i
13/03/17 21:02

After writing the above post I checked the tyre pressure with a bike track pump that had a gauge (accuracy can't be guaranteed). The rear passenger was about 1/2 a bar below the driver side rear. I pumped the up to 2 bar and did the same on the fronts. This has made some noticeable difference, there...

Go to advanced search