Search found 13 matches

by SamBenbow
09/06/18 1:59
Forum: MK2
Topic: REV-4 OEM brake upgrade options
Replies: 3
Views: 127

REV-4 OEM brake upgrade options

Hi all, firstly, apologies if this has been addressed before, couldn't find a relevant thread! I'm looking at swapping my rev 4 n/a engine out for a k20a within the next year or so and i'd like to get the rest of the car sorted first. First port of call is the brakes, iv'e looked at a few big brake ...
by SamBenbow
22/11/17 14:05
Forum: MR2 Wheels and Tyres
Topic: Wheel fitment assistance
Replies: 17
Views: 813

Re: Wheel fitment assistance

Yeh I've got it booked in a couple of days so I've just had to stick it till then!
by SamBenbow
21/11/17 22:04
Forum: Site Related
Topic: whats good , bad needs improving on site ?
Replies: 218
Views: 26473

Re: whats good , bad needs improving on site ?

Just wondering if there's a reason for the 256KiB attachment size limit? It just bums me out a bit when i go out to take high quality photos of my car and then if i wanna show that photo to anyone iv'e got to resize so much it looks like it was taken in the 40's :laughing . OR am i missing something...
by SamBenbow
21/11/17 21:54

Sorry for the late reply, haven't been online in a while! I probably should have listened to that advice however iv'e pretty much blown my budget on wheels! haha i got some brand new bronze rota torques 17x7.5 front and 17x8 rear with new Nankang NS-20 on all of them, 215 front 235 rear i believe, c...
by SamBenbow
03/11/17 1:39

I'm happy to say it's my daily! I do about 200 miles a week. Well I definately can't afford full suspension work atm, let alone spending 1500 on the best coilovers. I don't make much money and am not expecting to have a perfect car with my limited funds, I'm just trying to find a way where I can't g...
by SamBenbow
02/11/17 20:51

Yeh i think that probably a good idea. Id rather have the car look a little weird for a while until I can afford the nicer stuff!
by SamBenbow
02/11/17 19:44

Ok then we'll in that case does anyone know where I can get cheap coilovers? Because going out and dropping 800ish quid on coils wasn't part of my budget!
by SamBenbow
02/11/17 12:56

So what do you think I should do? Hold off and buy coilovers later? I was concerned about the look of it on bigger wheels and standard ride height, thought it might end up looking a bit daft? Maybe wrong though
by SamBenbow
01/11/17 23:32

I think ive sorted the tyre situation. The toyo r1r wouldn't go down to the 40 profile in the 205's (I've gone a bit narrower as they should still fit safely and are easier to get hold of) so I've gone to the falken ze914 tyres 205 front 215 rear. (I think that 10mm difference is pretty close consid...
by SamBenbow
01/11/17 20:52

Thanks guys, I'll have a look now! Cheers
by SamBenbow
01/11/17 18:56

Wheel fitment assistance

Hi all, I've busted a wheel on my rev4 so I'm taking the opportunity to start the modification process on my fully stock mr2! I'm not only new to mr2's, but am also new to aftermarket wheels (Aftermarket anything tbh :laughing ) so I'd like to borrow some of your experience on this in and attempt to...
by SamBenbow
28/10/17 11:18
Topic: Please help! grinding from the wheel
Replies: 2
Views: 254

Please help! grinding from the wheel

Ok so driving home after work in my rev4 and I hear some grinding from the wheel. I carefully drive home and get out and have a look and all 5 of the spokes of my rear driver's side wheels have completely sheared! Like the hub of the wheel is loose from the barrel! :shocked: seriously dodged a bulle...

Go to advanced search