Search found 97 matches

by benckj
19/07/18 19:48
Forum: MK2
Topic: What would be....
Replies: 3
Views: 56

Re: What would be....

I would never drop tank to check Pump. If tank comes down the Pump will get replaced as it’s a tough job to do. Allow two days for this work and make sure wife has plenty of alcohol on hand.
by benckj
18/07/18 10:04
Topic: rev 3 tubby over fuelling
Replies: 7
Views: 66

Re: rev 3 tubby over fuelling

Hard to say what issue is but once the EMS is installed can run a datalog and analyse result. Could be any number of things including a bad plug but should be able to sort out easy enough. I’d consider installing a wideband at some point as it allows auto tuning on the road. Dynos are great for sett...
by benckj
17/07/18 19:42
Topic: rev 3 tubby over fuelling
Replies: 7
Views: 66

Re: rev 3 tubby over fuelling

Being a gen 3 and MAP based it will adjust AFR for your changes to turbo but not fuel pressure. Unless your fuel regulator cannot handle the increase flow pressure should not change. Gen 3’ tend to run very rich anyway but I would not be concerned as the EMS will be mapped to best AFR. Are you plann...
by benckj
07/07/18 20:31
Topic: REV 3 2.0L N/A WONT START CHALLENGE
Replies: 5
Views: 127

Re: REV 3 2.0L N/A WONT START CHALLENGE

My bet is you disconnected the immobileser and disrupted the IGN circuit. Pull out the circuit diagrams and figure out what is required to bypass.
by benckj
30/06/18 5:04
Topic: clutch replacement
Views: 117

Re: clutch replacement

If you want another 13 years of trouble free performance install OEM clutch kit. Good time to also replace trans fluid and axle seals as well as upgraded CV joints.
by benckj
23/06/18 19:46
Topic: Electric window on driver side will not wind up
Views: 94

Re: Electric window on driver side will not wind up

Can be switch but more than likely it’s a broken wire in the loom. For short term issue I pop off door card and jumper 12v onto motor plug to raise window. Long term the loom has to be removed and wires repaired. Could try to flex loom at door hinge point with trying switch to see if it will work!
by benckj
02/06/18 20:32
Topic: Fuel Line Help Needed
Replies: 2
Views: 127

Re: Fuel Line Help Needed

That’s the fuel return line. It has to be clear or else the pump will run at full pressure to rail and injectors will run very rich. Try soaking assembly in a solvent and then use compressed air to blow out. Make sure you check the whole line all the way back to rail.
by benckj
24/05/18 19:42
Topic: Oil Pump failure?
Replies: 10
Views: 188

Re: Oil Pump failure?

I’ve never known the oil pump to fail on these engines. I’d be tempted to flush the oil and then change to a decent synthetic blend with correct viscosity. There could be any number of restrictions in oil path including filter, pressure regulator or gunk in galleries. Should you decide a Pump replac...
by benckj
21/05/18 21:38
Forum: ICE
Topic: Android 2din unit that fits
Replies: 9
Views: 200

Re: Android 2din unit that fits

I run a MSPNP EMS so connection is via serial port. Apart from displaying all the gauges and custom set-up is that ShadowDash program will datalog automatically and when Wifi available it will download data to your MS dropbox.
by benckj
21/05/18 5:02
Topic: Full screen replacement head unit with iphone X compatibility?
Replies: 15
Views: 329

Re: Full screen replacement head unit with iphone X compatibility?

Just posted a couple of pics of my Droid HU in another thread. Does everything you want and more. Fits like a glove. Can post up sizes if you want but didn't take any special work to adapt into space.
by benckj
20/05/18 22:12

Hopefully, you can see the double DIN unit well enough. I made sure I got a HU that had multiple USB ports (3) as well as slots for SD & map cards. One issue I have is that I cannot skip songs without initiating a lay-over screen as there are no hard buttons to skip (only volume, home & back).
by benckj
20/05/18 21:39

Another screen shot of multiple gauge displays.
by benckj
20/05/18 21:38

Looks like only one pic attached above.
by benckj
20/05/18 21:37

Here you go. I've tried to incorporate everything into the one unit including; EMS gauge display, Music server, TPMS, phone connection and navigation. I'm not an Android user so its been a steep learning curve.

Go to advanced search