Roof-off motoring

For all your MR2 adventures
Please remember that racing on the public highway is both dangerous and illegal.

Topic author
chris3boro

Roof-off motoring

Post by chris3boro »

Took the roof off my MR2 for the first time since maybe October today when driving home from school. Had a coat on and heater turned right up so it wasn't too chilly. I'd forgotten how much more you can hear with it off, so much fun just listening to the engine and exhaust, can hear their noises in a lot more detail and adds so much to the whole experience I think. Glad I pulled over to get the roof off!
Here's to many roof-less drives in 2010 fellow Tbar owners :clapping:

Topic author
Jakeyboy

Re: Roof-off motoring

Post by Jakeyboy »

Fairplay mate, not quite had the opportunity to let the top down where i live yet but i know what ya mean just makes driving that little bit better even if you do freeze who cares! :th:

JayUK91
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 1

Post by JayUK91 »

Looking at the current weather forecasts, i don't think i'll be doing this any time soon! Roll on springtime!

MrAndy
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 2

Post by MrAndy »

We all did this at the beginning of december on the bristol tunnel run and between my japspeed and TheJonse nur spec it was an awesome sound. I just cant wait till the weather improves more and i can take the sunroof off to drive back and forwards to work :th:

Craig-rev3
Years of MR2 Ownership: 7
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Craig-rev3 »

Last time I had the T-bars off was at the same time as Andy on the Bristol tunnel run. The exhausts sounded awesome :th:

The M5 was a bit nippy though!

Can't wait for warmer weather so I can get them off more often :th:
Rev 3 N/A - RIP :(
Rev 2 Turbo - Sold :(
Rev 1 N/A - Road Legal Track Car :D
Rev 1 V6 - Co-owned side project :D

Howlin_Mad
Years of MR2 Ownership: 10
MR2's Owned: 3

Post by Howlin_Mad »

I did a post similar to this when i first got my Auto back in 2006 and joined up here - did about 100 miles on a cold November day and loved every minute of it with the heaters on full. Damn my ears were cold when i got back home though!!!

Empty B roads and good music with the T-Bars off - nothing can beat it (except when it's warm !!)

Jimi aint so daft when seen sporting a beenie in some of his pics - especially at this time of year :laughing

HM
MGB GT For Sale// JDM Rev3 3VZ-FE V6

PeteT
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by PeteT »

Well done Chris.

I did the same on Christmas Eve. I've not really had the tbars off since my conversion. My turbo and HKS bov sound bloody awesome, can't wait for the weather to pick up.

Pete
2's Owned
1989 Mk1 N/A TBar - Red
1992 Mk2 N/A TBar - Red
1999 Mk2 N/A TBar - Red
1999 Mk2 Under Cover Tubby Tbar - Red - sold to chris3boro
2003 Mk3 - Red

Topic author
chris3boro

Post by chris3boro »

PeteT wrote:Well done Chris.

I did the same on Christmas Eve. I've not really had the tbars off since my conversion. My turbo and HKS bov sound bloody awesome, can't wait for the weather to pick up.

Pete
Yeh bet it sounds awesome! Don't forget the test drive you promisied me :rolleyes: I want turbo powerrrr!

Topic author
branty

Post by branty »

had a little roof off drive on Jan 1st, was nice and sunny where i am in hampshire bit cold had my wooly hat and gloves on but still very enjoyable.

PeteT
Years of MR2 Ownership: 9
MR2's Owned: 4

Post by PeteT »

chris3boro wrote:
PeteT wrote:Well done Chris.

Pete
Yeh bet it sounds awesome! Don't forget the test drive you promisied me :rolleyes: I want turbo powerrrr!
Your welcome anytime :th: If you want an excuse you can come down to collect the CAT, to you its free :th:
2's Owned
1989 Mk1 N/A TBar - Red
1992 Mk2 N/A TBar - Red
1999 Mk2 N/A TBar - Red
1999 Mk2 Under Cover Tubby Tbar - Red - sold to chris3boro
2003 Mk3 - Red

Topic author
chris3boro

Post by chris3boro »

PeteT wrote:Your welcome anytime :th: If you want an excuse you can come down to collect the CAT, to you its free :th:
Thanks very much. Only thing is, as it's the join rather than the cat itself that's rusty, I don't think I would really have any use for another cat (correct me if Im wrong)

Return to “The Spirited Driving Chronicles”