oil pressure gauge

This section is for technical Q & A
Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Forum rules
Many subjects will have been discussed before. Please try the search function before starting a new thread.
Check in the Know Your 2 as the information you need may already be there.
The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Topic author
gmdrums

oil pressure gauge

Post by gmdrums »

Hi any one know what the problem is if one at all.

Noticed my pressure gauge sits in centre of gauge on idle and when accelerating is rises up then dies down when idling again.

Temoprature gauge stopped working as well hopefullt not linked.

Any suggestions advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Gmdrums

simpson_eh
Years of MR2 Ownership: 0
MR2's Owned: 1

oil pressure gauge

Post by simpson_eh »

the guage is supposed to do that as when you rev the engine it needs more oil so the oil pump pushes more whith the engine revolution

Topic author
adam3442

oil pressure gauge

Post by adam3442 »

The pressure will rise with revs if it doesn't then you have worries, you'll also have worries if there is no pressure.

Topic author
gmdrums

Re: oil pressure gauge

Post by gmdrums »

Thanks I got the manual out so (RTFM) that I use so often, I should have applied to myself in this case and it was there. I do feel a pratt so do forgive me.

Gmdrums

Quick Reply

The forum Administrator has chosen to advise you that this topic is 14 years and 10 months old and that you may wish to begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

Return to “MK1”